• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 New Member - Integra Questions

Hi all, new here.

I will be looking to get a new motor in November/December time and I quite fancy a DC2 (I think) - This one:

http://www.kris.1000lecie.pl/integrapics/Honda Integra Type R.jpg

I'd just like to know a bit more about them. Are they good reliable cars?

I am looking for something fairly sporty, but nothing stupid like a S13/S14, so the Integra seems like something worth finding more out about and this seems like the place to find out!

How many miles would you get from £10 (driving normally, not gunning it all the time).

I've checked out some prices for the cars on eBay etc. They seem to be between £3k-5k for a good one. What sort of problems do these DC2's start to have engine and body/chassis wise along the way etc?

Insurance is not too bad for me, so that's not really something I need to worry about.

What would you pay for a good one with say 70k miles on it? (if I could find one).

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all!

Ben

I'm sure when HASNIC comes on line he should be able to answer most of your questions.

Hi, mate. Welcome to the forum.

I'm sure there will be someone along to answer your question shortly. It's just been a busy weekend for the club so a lot of members are recuperating from JAE... :lol:

I'm no expert but will have a go...

I had one of these from new for 5.5 years / 70k miles and never had anything go wrong with it. I only had it serviced, replaced tyres & other consumable stuff. Completely painless ownership experience. The build quality of these is very good - stuff is lightweight and a bit cheap in places but screwed together very well.

Suspension bushes go soft over time and need replacing to get the sharpness back, that's probably the main issue, I can't really think of any obvious major recurring faults tbh

In terms of fuel economy I got between 25-35mpg depending on use, so if you average that out at 30 then I suppose you'll get about 65-70 miles out of a tenner.

Price wise I'd have thought a UK car with 70k on it would be somewhere between £6-7k. Depends so much on condition though so it's a bit like asking 'how long is a piece of string'. There's no substitute for going to look at a few and getting a feel for what's what. I would be wary of anything less than £5k tbh. Not saying you can't get a decent one at that money, but you'd need to be very careful indeed

It would be well worth a look on www.itr-dc2.com - excellent source of all the info you need and there'll no doubt be a few cars in the classifieds too :idea:

HTH?

Biscuit said:
Hi all, new here.

I will be looking to get a new motor in November/December time and I quite fancy a DC2 (I think) - This one:

http://www.kris.1000lecie.pl/integrapics/Honda Integra Type R.jpg

I'd just like to know a bit more about them. Are they good reliable cars?

I am looking for something fairly sporty, but nothing stupid like a S13/S14, so the Integra seems like something worth finding more out about and this seems like the place to find out!

How many miles would you get from £10 (driving normally, not gunning it all the time).

I've checked out some prices for the cars on eBay etc. They seem to be between £3k-5k for a good one. What sort of problems do these DC2's start to have engine and body/chassis wise along the way etc?

Insurance is not too bad for me, so that's not really something I need to worry about.

What would you pay for a good one with say 70k miles on it? (if I could find one).

Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all!

Ben

Firstly, hello there!

Like everyone has said, you can easily find a wealth of info on many sites, esp the ones listed above, register and SEARCH for anything you want to know.

In answer to your questions..

£40 gets me between 250 - 275 miles.. SuperUnleaded - 98p per litre, normal driving, some vtec.

Generally DC2's run strong with no bad common issues, providing they are serviced etc and the oil is changed regularly the engine should be fine. There are a few bits like trailing arm bushes etc, esp as they're drivin hard, but thats got to be expected with 10 year old cars :wink: Evs's advice much better than mine here :roll: :p :oops:

Depending on what you want, you're looking at 4-9k for one. Imports can be as cheap as 4k with around 70k, but sepends if you're after a certain model, shape and colour, and condition :idea:

Good luck!

if you are serious about buying one i only live up the road (Near Taunton), so could come and meet you sometime if ya like to get the feel for it, give you a better idea of what they're really like.. :wink:

Thanks all - much appreciated 8)

Well after another day of looking at them etc I think they might be a bit too much for me to get one at the moment.

I did check out the Civic VTI (96-01 model) - 1.6 16v VTEC, which seems a bit more within my price range.

I know the Integra is a lot more sexy as far as looks go, but I think it'd be pushing it to get one as I am only 19 :x (not a boy racer/chav, just into me motors! :p )

The Civic seems to fit my price range a bit better. Do the Civic's have the same engine just a smaller CC?

Many thanks to all who replied! :D

Ben.

The Civic VTI is more speed than you could ever want at age 19... I know someone with one and it's a great car, especially since it doesn't look like much more than your average ek hatch, so you get that hilarious sleeper effect.

I believe it is 160bhp standard and still a b-series (i.e. an awesome engine) so you'll still get that laugh-out-loud VTEC kick.

My b/f has the 1.6 VTI on a P reg and it really is a great car, its now done 120k and has never had a single fault apart from the usual things like tyres etc needing replacing. If your only 19 the power it outputs is probably a really good starting place :D

you'll pay thru the nose for insurance at your age mate.....

great cars no real probs, had mine for nearly 6 years and still love it to bits.......puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it..... :D

start off with a civic vti or crx vt and build up over time is your best bet IMO.... 8)

Thanks everyone.

This has to be the most friendly forum I think I've ever used! 8)

The Civic does take my fancy. As far as the Integra goes I was finding insurance quotes of about £1100 in November (which will be 2 years of driving and also 1 years NCB), so I imagine the Civic would be slightly less?!?!? I am yet to find out, so we shall see..... :lol:

HorrificVTEC - I am driving a 1.4 Renault 19 at the minute so I imagine it will be a step up :D

With the Civic VTI's - is there only 1 type of engine for them? The DOHC VTEC 1.6 16v? I guess that's the one I am looking for?

I will stick a thread in the Civic part for any other questions related to Civic's and stop bothering you Integra owners! :p

Cheers all, Ben.

Integra Si

Hi

I've had my DC2 for nearly 5 years now, and it's the best car i've ever had. I've done 40,000 miles in it(its on 92k now). It's a 94 Si coupe, which is not quite a Type R, but still packs a 170bhp B18C ander the bonnet, an LSD to help put all those horses down to the road, and a talented chassis to keep you there. It's only let me down once, when the coil went and i had to be rescued by the AA. It does all the real world stuff, like being comfy and reliable, it's big enough to swallow a couple of mountain bikes, it's nice to be in, great to look at, easily does 30-plus mpg, and despite being 12 years old, is faster than a large percentage of everything else on the road, and that's before the road gets twisty. Then it really starts to dance, plenty of grip, no histrionics at the limit and enough feedback through the wheel and seat to leave you in no doubt about what's going on around you. Sadly, we will have to part soon, because i need a bigger car, and it will be a very sad day indeed when it disappears. All of the above hopefully sounds good, but considering it's worth around £2-2.5k, i really do wonder why everyone hasn't got one. Must be a well kept secret. Can't be recommended highly enough. The only bad points i can think of are insurance costs cos it's an import and some of the OE Honda parts prices. £250 a corner for the standard suspension? Ouch! Happy hunting.

Regards

Marge

Back