• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New member, showing off my ep3!

Hello everyone, new to the forum, just wanted to say hello and show off my ep3!
Purchased last June on 51k FHSH. Unfortunately due to medical reasons only managed to drive it until October ( mileage just nudged past 52k ), cars been relatively unused since! Touch wood back on the road next month. Thought it would make sense now to ask you guys if there is anything I should do to the car before getting it back on the road, planning on insuring it in the coming weeks, then sending it in for a full service and mot! If there is anything else you would recommend id highly appreciate your feedback!! Many thanks :D

Lovely. I was hoping to find an 06 when I got mine but they were slightly costly.

There's plenty you can do with them, just depends how much time/money/effort you're wanting to put in, and what you're wanting out.

Make sure everything's in tip-top shape first:
check for rust round the rear wheel arches
make sure brakes are in good condition
matched tyres (and hopefully moderately good ones)
etc.

After that's out the way then the fun begins :D

Welcome.

Looks in mint condition with nice low mileage. Hope you are on the mend now and can start enjoying the car again.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate :) Im hoping the mot and service go through ok and there aren't too many problems, car has sat for a while! Once I'm up, running and back on the road I'm going in to have the car undersealed, this is the first priority! After I'm not too sure where to go next, have a few bodywork areas that do need addressing, have some lacquer peel on the front bumper, also need a replacement front grill! Hoping to find one on here once I'm able to stick something on the wanted page!! Really getting the itch to get back behind the wheel now :D

Welcome mate. Car looks lovely, hope you manage to get back behind the wheel and enjoy very soon!

As it's such low mileage, personally, I wouldn't mess around with it too much - my priorities would be:

Fix the cosmetic issues that you've mentioned.
Braided brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid & uprated brake pads....discs if needed.
New tyres (if needed).
JDM rear ARB.
Then lots of Poly bushes!

Whatever you do, you'll have fun doing it, enjoy.

Welcome mate. Car looks lovely, hope you manage to get back behind the wheel and enjoy very soon!

As it's such low mileage, personally, I wouldn't mess around with it too much - my priorities would be:

Fix the cosmetic issues that you've mentioned.
Braided brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid & uprated brake pads....discs if needed.
New tyres (if needed).
JDM rear ARB.
Then lots of Poly bushes!

Whatever you do, you'll have fun doing it, enjoy.

Thanks mate, like you say I think at the moment id like to keep it fairly standard as a nice example. Main priority is get it through the mot and make sure everything mechanically is sound, as I can hold on the bodywork for now. At the moment I'm looking at keeping the car long term and was pondering on weather to get the car undersealed?

Back