• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New meyle drop links now have a creek on speed bumps

I've recently fitted new rear meyle HD drop links and a second hand 22mm rear arb from a dc5. I have speed bumps on my road and notice I now get a creek from the rear when going over them which I never had before. Is this normal? A sign that the bushes for the arb are worn or have I not done the drop links up tight enough? (They are pretty tight but could get them a little tighter with a bar)
No noises at any other time as yet, thanks in advance.

i don't think a creak would be from not being tight enough it would more then likely knock if they were lose as it would be acting like a worn joint, A creak would more then likely be rubber, did you use copper slip with the arb bushes, I've always done this and never had creaks.

Yea made sure to copper slip around the arb where the bushes sat before I put them on, though I didn't copper slip the back where it sits against the car as the bracket looks like it holds it tight (may try this).

Could replacing the drop links and arb put more pressure on the suspension spring causing that to creek? It does look like it's seen better days but didn't have this issue beforehand. Only replaced the droplinks as the bolts were seized to get the arb on. It's odd it only seems to be on these dam speed bumps

Last edited by a moderator:
You could certainly try where it sits against the car as its a quick free fix if it works , it's where the drop links would do a lot of work over bumps which is properly while your hearing it at this point.

Back