• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New owner a few faults, new some help

Hi. Picked up a 2008 FN2, had a 2007 one when they 1st come out, talks about rolling down the years..

Anyhow, have a few bits I’d like help with..

Air-con isn’t working, had it re-gassed, it still not cold, hit the auto button & it just blows out warm air, the best I get is if I hit the clear front screen button, it gets a little cooler, but nothing major…

Also got a squeaky passenger side rear, (well sounds like it’s coming from there….) is this a common issue, any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air-con isn’t working, had it re-gassed, it still not cold, hit the auto button & it just blows out warm air, the best I get is if I hit the clear front screen button, it gets a little cooler, but nothing major…
Most likely the compressor is knackered, it's quite common on older EP3's/FN2's etc.

Last edited:
the squeak is most likely the shocks getting past their prime, there is a fix from Honda but doubt that anyone at your dealer will be old enough to remember it.
it could just be the handbrake cable stretching as you release it it that's first thing in the morning.

on the AC it could be the shim in the compressor clutch that needs replacing.
when you turn it on does the outside of the compressor pulley rotate? if not then it is likely the shim.
if you join civinfo.com you will find plenty of info on how to fix that.

Back