• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New owner few issues help!!

Hi guys bought a 30th Anniversary EP3 last week and have a few issues and looking for some advise on the following...

Boot wont open i think i shut it to hard

Knocking noise coming from passenger side front wheel/suspension area also make a clicking noise when turning at very low speed 5-10 mph

Car has original wheels and locking wheel nuts but i don't have the locking wheel nut does one size fit all or if not how do i find out which one to buy?

Cheers

Paul

The Boot Lid is a common fault, you need to push the handle right in and lock and unlock it, before pulling on it to open the boot. You may need to do this a few times to open the boot. I believe there is a 'how to' guide on here somewhere that shows you how to sort it.

At a guess I would say you probably need a new front front leg, as it sounds like a top mount has gone, but thats just a guess.

Locking nut is going to be difficult, without the number on the box the locking nuts came in, its going to be near impossible to get the correct match. Although I used to know a lad who used a 1/2" extension bar to knock them off, but I would advise going to a local tyre centre as they would have a better knowledge of getting them off without the socket.

Ok cheers when you say push the handle right in do you mean pushing the handle in the opposite direction ie forward?

Yeah, where you pull on it to open the boot lid, push it back in, and lock and unlock it a few times. It might not open the first time, but it will eventually.

Back