• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new owner , poss need new clutch

hello everyone, ive just bought a 51 plate ctr ep3 in milano red with FHSH and 66k on the clock.

ive been running an alfa 156 v6 for two years, so im not scared of spending money on a car.

So far im loving the car, but i think i may need a new clutch, as it was a bit of an impulse buy i didnt do my home work, and after a few searches on here it dont look good

symptoms are :

gears sometime crunch on quick changes ( high revs), cruising its fine no probs

biting point near the floor

car has that burnt clutch smell from outside after a good run.

So i was going to put new trans fluid in and bleed/flush the clutch.....................or is this a waste of time

all advice welcome...cheers

Now ive got used to the car, i havent crunched the gears anymore,i dont think i was pressing the clutch pedal all the way down as my last car the biting point was right at the top, so i didnt have to fully push the clutch in on fast changes

Ive just changed the trans fluid to casrol smx-s, gear change is now alot smoother..................loving the rawness of this car.......HAPPY DAYS!

I promised myself i wouldnt mod this car, but im getting the urge too now lol, thinking about the hondata airbox mod( does this alter the induction noise?)
i also think the exhaust is too quiet , may replace the centre section with a straight through?

any advice on the above ?

cheers!

try ebay, some decent prices on uprated and oem, cheaper than my swift anyway!!
hondata doesnt change the noise much imo, and havbe a cosworth filter, just got mine 2 weeks ago and had the box off and modded the same weekend!!

Think ill do the airbox tomorrow ............its free after all!

just been looking on egay, found a scorpion straight though centre pipe, may go for that.

Back