• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 new R vrs old R

Sorry I was only asking what the differences are between the cars, your knowledge is obviously higher than mine. I started the thread as I watched the video and thought it was odd having watched top gear match them.

I would say a standard EP3 vs a standard FN2 with the same driver/conditions, you would not see much difference. Ok the FN2's rear suspension is a bit of a pig, but the EP3 is hardly one of the best handling cars in it's class unless you have your geometry/camber adjusted.

Straight line speed, there will be nothing in it. In the twisty’s, the EP3 may possibly have the advantage, but we’re talking tenths of seconds. What both lack (apart from the glorious new Magnolia FN2) is a LSD. Because of this, the JDM cars will own every time.

G2g lol.

I would say a standard EP3 vs a standard FN2 with the same driver/conditions, you would not see much difference. Ok the FN2's rear suspension is a bit of a pig, but the EP3 is hardly one of the best handling cars in it's class unless you have your geometry/camber adjusted.

Straight line speed, there will be nothing in it. In the twisty’s, the EP3 may possibly have the advantage, but we’re talking tenths of seconds. What both lack (apart from the glorious new Magnolia FN2) is a LSD. Because of this, the JDM cars will own every time.

G2g lol.

:lol:

"new i-vtec engine" and "just getting away from him"

have i missed somthing here?

old engine with a few hundred rpm limit higher but overall a heavier car...

he must be on crack.....

:lol:

old engine with a few hundred rpm limit higher

The rev limit is the same.....

IMO there's nothing in it between the two on the road. I also don't think the FN2 is more refined by much, if at all. The brakes do seem better though...

I used to look at this website a bit before I got my CTR.

http://www.fasthatchbacks.com/powertorque.php

You can filter down for Honda etc, and it lists the EP3 0-100 time as 16.9 seconds and the FN2 as 18.4.

That said though it reckons the FN2 0-60 is 7.4 and the facelift EP3 is 0.4 seconds slower to 60 than the pre-facelift despite the lighter flywheel and spacesaver, so it's probably a load of balls!

That said though it reckons the FN2 0-60 is 7.4 and the facelift EP3 is 0.4 seconds slower to 60 than the pre-facelift despite the lighter flywheel and spacesaver, so it's probably a load of balls!

Pre-facelifts had a spacesaver... :?

:lol: Nope, spacesaver. You can't fit a full size wheel in the wheel well.

mmm, I knew I had a space saver in my facelift, must have been internet rumour that they made the boot shallower for facelift...

mmm, I knew I had a space saver in my facelift, must have been internet rumour that they made the boot shallower for facelift...
:lol: :lol: That's ridiculous! :lol: I had an pre-facelift from new 2003-2006 and it had a spacesaver, and I used it.

The video clip you are refering to actually comes from an interactive channel on BT vision called "Honda TV". On this channel you will also find Vicky Butler Henderson racing the new civic against Tom Chilton at Oulton Park and Jenson Button putting the new civic through its paces ( All BT vision owners now reaching for their remotes).There are also other videos showing the developement and assembly of the car at Swindon.;);)

There are also other videos showing the developement and assembly of the car at Swindon.;);)

wouldnt mind watching that video,ive seen our (toyota) factory in person but building a avensis isnt quite the same in my eyes lol

in 0-top speed drag race, wouldn't the EP3 win purely because of the 200kg weight difference?

but i think in the twisty's the EP3 will be on top because the rear suspension gives it more agility compared to the FN2

AN EP3 will win in a drag race, just, and there wouldn't be much in it until well into 3 figures, long after you've passed the 1/4 mile line.

The weight difference is no where near 200kg's, more like 60kg's. I've weighed my EP3 and i've seen results from FN2's on the scales also. The weigh bridge is only accurate to 20kg's and given that fluid levels can vary by +- 50kg's it'll only give a rough comparison, but it's still nowhere near 200kg's!

I wouldn't say the FN2 rear suspension is the main course for slow lap times, after all the Megane R26.R has the same rear suspension and that's quicker round the track than the Mugen RR and FRS.

The weight difference is no where near 200kg's, more like 60kg's. I've weighed my EP3 and i've seen results from FN2's on the scales also. The weigh bridge is only accurate to 20kg's and given that fluid levels can vary by +- 50kg's it'll only give a rough comparison, but it's still nowhere near 200kg's!

Yeah Honda'a official figure for the EP3 is 1207kg and 1267kg for the FN2, I've heard the FN2 has slightly shorter gearing to compensate, not sure how true that is....

I wouldn't say the FN2 rear suspension is the main course for slow lap times, after all the Megane R26.R has the same rear suspension and that's quicker round the track than the Mugen RR and FRS.

This has always annoyed me, people (Clarkson for one) slating the FN2 for it's rear torsion beam. There's several cars out there that are regarded as some of the best handling FWD hatchs ever which have torsion beams, 205 GTi and Clio Sport for two....

Yeah Honda'a official figure for the EP3 is 1207kg and 1267kg for the FN2, I've heard the FN2 has slightly shorter gearing to compensate, not sure how true that is....

I've been doing some research Neil, the gear ratios are the same but the final drive is shorter on the FN2
EP3 final drive: 4.760
FN2 final drive: 5.062

Back