• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2000 & NSX New S2000 owner

My mate has just brought a S2000 and asked me to have a look at some induction kits for him. just wondered what everyone else is using?
Cheers (he'll be very grateful)

The two best options are either the Mugen or the J's racing intakes. Both are pricey but regarded to be the best. Gains on the S from intake changes are very very minimal. A lot of people just run the Spoon (or replica) snorkle with a upgraded filter in the box. Seems to work well.

Ill remember my camera when i tell him the price. :lol:
Cheaper versions ive seen are AEM CAI and the K&N which i think comes with heat shield.
Any commments?

He like the sound of my Grupe M so think noise more than anythin, but obviously wont wanna loose power to crappy intakes.
Remove airbox lid?... :confused:

Get him to try it :)

The GruppeM for the S2000 is very good, but at just over £1000 and unavailable most places isn't an option :(

He like the sound of my Grupe M so think noise more than anythin, but obviously wont wanna loose power to crappy intakes.
Remove airbox lid?... :confused:

It will, however as the intake for the airbox is in the engine bay anyway, intake temperatures have only marginal difference between running with the airbox lid on or off. Vicki Butler Henderson amongst others do it as the first change.

Changing to a K&N or PRM will also take the air directly from under the bonnet unless you start setting up cold air feeds etc.

If he tries he will find out what it does.

What will it do? wont that take in hot air from the engine bay?

Any which has a snorkel or cold air feed, heat soak sucks in the S, kangarooing is not a good look :)

Any which has a snorkel or cold air feed, heat soak sucks in the S, kangarooing is not a good look :)

Ive been looking around at the different options....looks like AEM do a few apps some of which are situated outside of the engine bay (someone correct me if im wrong though)

Back