• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New satin silver EP3 and a brief Boof car history..

• Thread starter Deleted member 22.11.21
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22.11.21

Please excuse the outrageous pose, many moons ago and I was all giddy for my first proper car..

Still got the 206 but that's now a project with a friend for the track and needs a new clutch and gearbox.

Picked up the Civic with 81k on the clock, it's a 52 plate but had an engine swap in 2012 - seen all the docs and it's all been done above board. It's got a Spoon N1 and an AEM V2 but the filter on that has been secured with electrical tape and is in a state so ordered a new one and stuck a jubilee clip on it while I wait. Other than that it's standard so next thing will be brakes I reckon, I'll post more pics as I go along and if anyone's Cheshire way I'll see you about!

That pose haha

IviNsUi.png

I know someone that had an accident because of some very similar crappy car DIY skills,
Accelerating up to a corner, lifted off throttle to hit the brakes, but in the meanwhile filter had come off sucked up some duct tape that was holding it on and jammed the the throttle wide open from the inside.
Lets just say the car didnt make it round the bend..

It was diagonal when I looked in so could have done the same! Pretty sure they've ordered the wrong size filter and wrapped the tape to make it stay in, just waiting for a fresh filter and it'll be sorted.

I should probably get round to updating this a bit now as I've nearly spent what the cars worth on bits!
It's had a full service and MOT with Grinspeed in September (hands down best garage I've been to). I bought a Tegiwa M intake from another forum member months ago and finally got round to fitting it and removed the AEM V2 which has gone onto another forum member. Also a Skunk2 gear knob on to replace the cheap thing the last owner had put in and some Climair wind deflectors.

I was back at Grinspeed in December for RPB discs, Ferodo DS2500 and RPB braided lines all round (3 out of 4 calipers needed some TLC).
Car had a different budget special on each wheel so they have all come off and 4x Bridgestone Potenza RE050A are now settling in nicely.

I am back at Grinspeed at the end of January for a Progress rear ARB, Eibach springs, camber arms and a FRSU aswell as getting a new Aux belt and pulleys fitted.

Looking ahead I want to get a new clutch and flywheel but have also noticed the spoon rep that was on when I got it is showing signs of rust so a new back box or exhaust system will probably be purchased but undecided which to go for currently. Then possibly a remap etc if the wife hasn't killed me by then.

I will get some pictures up soon to document this and I'm off for a track day at Silverstone next month also so will get plenty of pics there probably looking inferior next to my friends Audi R8

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work mate, Always good to go Grinspeed, I do a 7 hour round trip just to use Stevie. Your plans seem spot on too!

Nice update there, although I'd have gone for some different pads.

I am open to suggestions for my next set of pads, I have found the DS2500 to be pretty good so far. Will see how they do at Silverstone to form a better opinion. On another note the anti corrosion coating on the RPB discs has virtually disappeared on the fronts which is disappointing considering how long they've been on.

Pagid, Dixcel, Mintex, CL, Carbotech and Project Mu spring to mind. DS2500 are one of the most 'forum overrated' pads I've ever used.

There are other options for pads , that being said I've never had a problem (never crashed) whilst running 2500 pads. They do work well, though now my preference is project mu.

I will probably give the Project Mu a go for the next set. Think I am going to try the StopTech SportStop discs next time also.

Depends how far you want to go. If you are going to do a few track days, then just invest in a big brake kit now and you will save in the long run. If just the odd one and mainly road driving, then DS2500 will be fine, just warm up and warm down properly otherwise they will deposit all over the disc giving you a load of judder.

I'd love to go BBK but at the minute the wife would kill me, I am probably going to be doing 4 or 5 track days this year.

Well the investment is worth it, with standard sized discs and if you're confident on the brakes, you'll be changing discs and/or pads every 1-3 track days. With a decent BBK you'll change pads like every 10 and discs will last longer than that.

True and currently I plan to get another EP3 after this one with low mileage so it would just go onto that one. I will have to negotiate with the Mrs haha.

Hiya Boof!

I'd recommend Endless MX72 pads. Had Project Mu HC+ on my EP3 and whilst they were ace, they were also very, very good at sharing brake dust all over the wheels. The Endless I have now are immense and give off no dust so it's win win. Not cheap mind.

Anyone tried or had any feedback on Stoptech Sportstop Front Pads - £68.99 over at 8Speed? Sounds very reasonably priced & considering they do the BBK which people seem happy with I can't see why these wouldn't be any good, only for fast road use mind.

Woken today to the Mrs telling me she's put my keys through the washing machine and tumble dryer, new fob needed! Managed to get it to unlock so I can use my key without the alarm going off though.

FFS! New fob is about £80 from Honda I believe. Best bet is to open the old fob to check model number and order a used one off of eBay then re-program it yourself, simple procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back