• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Splash Guards....anyone know how much...or where?

Recently i was belting down a country lane when a badger steped out infront of my CTR, to say the least i needed to et a new bumper as it cracked at one of the screw points, my problem is it also eat away my splash guards under the bumper (engine bay) and i need new ones? How much are they.... i also need the black plugs that hold it in place.

I had a quote for one of these mate and I remember it wasn't a friendly price for a bit of plastic. I think it was about £240 from a stealer....

what......the fudge! Im off to the scrappys then!

I know the dealership near me wanted £1000 to get a new bumper all resprayed and new pegs for the included splash guard.

I got a bumper off ebay for £150 getting it sprayed for £150 fitted for £20 (or i might do it myself) i just need the splash guard and the pegs...but £250, thats a bit steep bordering verticle!

Don't take that as gospel though mate, the quote was well over a year ago so I might be well off!

I just replaced my splash guard (passenger side front) as my cars lowered, and i went into the biggest pot hole in a parking lot you will ever see.

It cracked the bottom of my splash guard so the AEM CAI was exposed. The engine loved it as it was pure cold air, but the filter got mucky as hell and i was praying it didnt rain!

I called my local dealer (chicwick in w. london) he quoted me something like £40 plus £1 each for the clips (+ vat). ok, i got 10% trade discount but still, it wont be much more. Got it next day aswell!!!

And was a peace of **** to fit aswell, just had to trim it again for the AEM slightly.

Job done!

Back