• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Suspension

Hi Guys

I know you lot are not Ford Lovers LOL :)

I need to know if anyone can suggest a place that is cheap enough to buy a set of front springs? Just took my ST to get a new tyre and then out fell a curl of my suspension.

Its still in place but the bottom curl is now missing. Just had it priced up (Ford) for one spring (passenger front) and fitting = £173.00.

I dont want a second hand one or a standard aftermarket one as it wont match. Just had a look and i can buy the Apex Lowering springs for £110.00 then just need about 2 hours labour from a garage to fit it. So cheaper really to buy the kit! Money is really tight at the min and thought, to get a spring and fit it will be about £70ish :eek:

What would you recommend? Anyone fancy saving me £100 in labour and fit them for me? :smt054

Any guidance appreciated! xx

I've got apex springs on my CTR, I like them. If you get a generic standard spring it will match the rest of the springs no problem, I've done this before on other cars.

If you want to swap all the springs its going to cost you even more in labour to fit them and then wheel alignment as well.

Back