• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Thread. More action less waffle. Silver EP3

Picked up the car on 79,000 miles ish, done about 1100 so far. Over paid slightly, but that's that. 2004 53 reg face lift in silver.

As she stands now:

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0830.jpg

Thing she already had:

-
Parada spec 2's all around
- Window tints
- Clutch already changed
- Mugen door strips (things under the door)
- Type R floor mats.

Not done a lot really.

Bought this which I need to put on, like the balanced front as is though in truth.
IMG_0854.jpg

Painted the interior handles which were quite worn with black scratches:
IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

Slightly different shade, but looks well.

I've ordered two things:

1: Tegiwa CF intake (gruppe M fake)
2: type R magnetic tax disc holder from amazon!

Excited about the tegiwa I must admit.

Issues:
- stone chips caused rust where paints gone, needs nipping in the bud.
- Bumper looks to have been repaired badly

Drives well though. I'll update when the tegiwa arrives, hopefully monday. 375 all in I think. 340 for part, 25 for insert, 10 for delivery.

Tegiwa is here today, ;). Get that fitted this week.

Be looking in to getting some braided hoses I think next and got some stuff to sort out the rust spots from stone chips.

Satin Silver ep3's im starting to really like them, partly because NHB is a pain to keep clean!

Looks very nice mate, have you had chance to fit the Tegiwa yet?

Cheers and no not yet mate, only got it today. Going to see if the old man will help me fit it tomorrow after work or wednesday. Sent me the wrong colour breather hose though. Black FTW now i suppose.

I'll stick up some pics when it's fitted.

Ah ok :)

What made you get the Tegiwa over the gruppe m? (Sorry if its a silly question im new to CTR's)

You recieved your tegiwa i see. Hopefully your installation goes well. Good luck

Ah ok :)

What made you get the Tegiwa over the gruppe m? (Sorry if its a silly question im new to CTR's)

I wasn't willing to spend that amount of money on improving the sound my car made really. The tegiwa provides all the benefits of the gruppe M but is cheaper. I'm not really bothered about brands and such so for me that's fine. I know a lot of people like the real deal, but i'd rather save 300 quid and put it towards a holiday or another mod.

Not fitted yet, busy or raining. Here is hoping for tomorrow.

Cheers Do_, fingers crossed yeah!

Oh right ok. Yea i'm the same id rather pay for something cheaper as long as its decent quality you know.

Be good to see it fitted mate.

Whats the price difference if you don't mind me asking? Sorry if i'm being rude but like i said im completely new to the Civic fold :)

Gruppe m are about 400second hand yet a tegiwa with everything you need is 375 inc delivery 24hr and its brand new

In the middle of fitting. Disappointed it's missing the heat shield bracket and a number of bolts. The hose is also black instead of the specified res. Usually I wouldn't fit it, but I'm excited. We've made a temporary bracket and are extracting some bolts from the datsun lol. Going to email tegiwa and ask the bracket sent. I know the cost is attributed to the carbon fibre and induction cone, but I would've liked everything here! The missing things are cheap and easy just a pain! Looks good though. Whether it's fit right with regard to the scuttle etc, who knows!

Thats not good. What bracket? On my heat shield i had a hole where it bolts on the bottom then a bracket on the left which bolts to the heatshield and the car. Mind out on the left side of heatshield that the bolt dont rub on the airbox did on mine.

Thought it was supposed to have a bracket for the left side of the heat shield. Havn't got one?

Seems to fit OK in any case. Didn't buy the red intake tube like you though. The standard pipes OK isn't it, the part coming from the engine to the tegiwa?

Its fitted now just about anyway. Test drive in a second.

I will take a picture of mine up close tomorrow and post on here. See if yours is the same. You will enjoy your drive :) sounds like the fan on but it isnt its the kit humming away. I think its good

Sounds immense mate. The picture would be useful too, thanks.

Little worried whether it's fit perfectly though. Seems the bonnet is rubbing slightly on the airbox, two small marks. Going to put something in the way until I find out why.

Any similiar issues DO_???

I had the same problem as you look at the car mines got a tiny rub on the right. I put a bit of rubber on the bonnet so if its touching it wont make no more marks. Think its where we didnt cut deep enough back? Or there skuttle insert a little to thick. Did you velcro your airbox to the skuttle panel to stop it bouncing around too?

Yeah mate I used the velcro.

We were thinking though, with regard to cutting and scuttle insert thickness etc. The blocks that slide in to the skuttle on top of the insert, are designed to fit snugly into the gaps. They fit perfectly. Any decrease in insert thickness or anything, the blocks wouldn't fit very well?

Yeh true true. Who knows lol little bit of rubber stuck to the bonnet seems to of done the trick though

Where the bolt usually is i zip tie as the bolt rubbed

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1311356754372.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1311356754372.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 21
Got a quick shot of the bay. I'd love to sort out the red paint thats all flaked off. Wondering if it'd be easier just to order buy one off here. \

Put some rubber on the bonnet now too, like you mate. The little black thing on the airbox was temporary, it's in the pic.

IMG_0862.jpg

Looks better than my old engine bay already:

IMG_0652.jpg

Back