• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 new three door shots

Has anyone bought this months auto express, has some photos of a red new type-r.

It looks relatively unexciting as to what was exhibited at Geneva. Personally i prefer the current model - the new one doesn't really have that x-factor for me - and definately not enough to make me sell this and upgrade.

What do others think ?

When I first saw the EP3 I thought "crap". Then I started to read how good it was compared to the competition. Then I test drove one. Then I bought one.

I'm going to wait untill I see it in the flesh/drive it before I pre judge.

thorno_58 said:
MilanoChris said:
I test drove one.

wish i was 25 so honda would let me test drive on before i buy one. doh!

Go speak to your local dealer a few times, then tell him you won't buy one until you get a test drive. They will have no problems in letting you in.

Or find a private garage (non-dealer) who won't be covered by the same age limit.

Test drove mine at 23 too @ Honda 8)

lewisy said:
Has anyone bought this months auto express, has some photos of a red new type-r.

It looks relatively unexciting as to what was exhibited at Geneva. Personally i prefer the current model - the new one doesn't really have that x-factor for me - and definately not enough to make me sell this and upgrade.

What do others think ?

I bought this this evening on the way home.

I liked it in red much more than I did in Yellow, but until the car is shown properly it's all guestimates.

Auto Express is saying it will use the same lump but Honda will squeeze 20bhp more out of it....that'll be JDM spec EP3 then surely?

After sitting inside a new shape Civic @ ADH I was very pleasantly surprised by the interior.

I think I'll reserve judgement till the Motor Show

i went to Honda today, and sat in some civic CTDI thing in red, done up with alloys to look like the type-r... or as close as it's going to get. It was a 5-door, the rear doors are titchy, i almost didn't notice them.

The dash is like the starship enterprise, wasn't to my liking. The H/U is so integrated into the whole dash, that there's no DIN socket available to replace with aftermarket unit, if the new type R does that... that would stop me from buying straight away..

we'll wait and see..

Good point on the starship enterprise - to be honest it looks like it from the outside aswell.

The 3 door does look better than the 5 dor but still looks disgusting! :roll: :x

I have too say they are a bit funny if you are a young lad and want too go in and test drive any car i have had loads of problems :x :oops:

depends on the dealer and what you look like i guess, i drove a CTR at 22 from honda, then a DC5 at import garage and ended up etting a teg.

Somebody mentioned about a new red CTR being in last months Auto Express, this was a photo shop jobbie Im afraid and not a very good one at that.
The feature car has the old style alloys on it too :shock:

HTH

Nick

Back