• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New to Honda and need guidance

Hi there Peter Cox from Kenya
I recently purchased Honda Civic Type R 2007 FD2 the model from japan and would like you out there to help me out with the following
1) Which Shell engine oil to use.
2) Point me to somewhere where i can get English manual
3) Online stores where i can get service parts like oil filter, Air filter preferably from uk

I already have read enough posts here and kudos *** this forum already finding it very helpful. :cool::cool:

Hi Peter.

1) Any 5w40 fully synthetic oil is fine. Grades can vary a little if you wish, but any thinner and it will tend to burn off a little quicker and you'll constantly be topping it up. The oil must be fully synthetic though. I used Fuchs Titan Pro S.

2) You won't find one. It was for the Japanese and later Malaysian market only. They never produced an English manual for it.

3) You can get all of the parts through Honda UK main dealers as the parts on the system thanks to the FD3 being a UK sold car. Once your dealer finds your car on the system all of the parts will show up. If you must buy online, try Hendy or Cox in the traders section of this forum. Both UK main dealers who will be able to source the parts. Oil filter is the same as any Honda produced in the last 30 years as they all use the same, so you can buy any that state they are EP3 or FN2 oil filters. I'd only ever go genuine Honda or HAMP. It is the standard air filter though that will be easier to source from a main dealer though.

Back