• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 new to the forum

hi im steve like to introduce myself im new to the honda scene just bought my first ep3 2004 facelift and love it could anyone help me out on mapping my car its standard apart from decat and 4" race exhaust straight thru,,how much will i gain what the most bhp from a stage 1 map any help would be much appreteated :D
14705778_1326769560675768_7419732420044317819_n.jpg

With just the exhaust mod, you won't get massive figures. I would imagine around 210bhp depending on the mapper. Stage 1 mods, air intake, intake manifold, exhaust header and b-pipe, usually your looking at around 240ish bhp.

Mine made 243bhp with the stage 1 mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks mate thats a big help i need to get a induction kit what do you recommend i was told the typhoon wernt the best ie been offered a ingen

AEM V1 is good, V2 is comparable to the Typhoon. They all sound great, it just depends on whether you want good gains with it too. V2 and Typhoon suffer from heatsoak.

V1 runs a risk of Hydrolock (sucking water into the intake) if you submerge it which is both easy and hard to do!

Injen is somewhere in the middle I think. It's a cold air intake from memory, but not as free flowing as the AEM V1.

The GruppeM or it's replica made by Tegiwa are both very good, sound great and run little or no risk of issues and have very good gains.

To maximise gains, you need to look at a remap too.

I had the Teg M induction kit. I liked it, a bit fiddly to fit as it requires cutting into the plastic cover above the bonnet. As Loxy says, it sounds ace, gives good gains and has no issues, besides cleaning the filter every so often.

Also see if you can find an RBC Intake manifold, a few extra gains to be made there.

thanks guys massive help so dnt go for a typhoon ? what about ingen or is it en gen that goes to the arch ?

Go for an aem v1 / aem cai ( sits in the inner wheel arch ) made a difference to my stock ep3 and much much better than short ram kits that sit in engine bay, with aem cai, your exhaust/decat and a k100 live mapped you shouldn't be too far off 220bhp

p.s - the injen kits are the same as aem cai and sits in the arch.. both are good for power but I think the aem is easier to fit, either way bag a second hand one and your laughing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back