• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

DC2 DB8 DC5 New to these parts...

Hi guys!

In the process of getting rid of the 1.4 clio and have been on quite a few forums asking around for new car ideas!

Originally a gtr r32 or supra was the idea but in the long run and for what i need i think they are just too much atm in terms of general costs.
I have then looked for a vintage daily car which wouldn't lose much value but for the budget of around 8k theres not alot going! Datsun was the plan!

The idea is that i need a car that can do the daily chores as well as enjoying it at the weekend. The odd motorway journey whilst being able to enjoy the b roads. Id much rather invest the money in a car that will hold its value than the new car market and from what i have been told a dc5 could be the way to go.

Im looking for advice on runnings and general living with the dc5 as this would be instead of a newer hot hatch (swift sport/133 twingo/clio 197/fiesta st) and I'm hoping this is the port of call for me to get sorted!

Things I'm concerned about that have been brought up with the supra and skyline issues, running costs and maintenance of those two are just abit high for a 23 year old student, but maybe in two/three years Thats where i will head.

Let me know!

Ste

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DC5 is probably the best all round car you'll ever own in regards to performance, fuel economy, space and handling.

You can find other cars with one or two of these features but they'll lack in others.

I had my DC5 for 4 years and apart from tyres etc the only trouble I had was a lambda sensor.
You'll see around 27mpg and it'll out handle most cars as well as keep up with the best.

On the plus side, I had 2 full size mountain bikes in the back of mine.

They are a brilliant car.

The DC5 is probably the best all round car you'll ever own in regards to performance, fuel economy, space and handling.

You can find other cars with one or two of these features but they'll lack in others.

I had my DC5 for 4 years and apart from tyres etc the only trouble I had was a lambda sensor.
You'll see around 27mpg and it'll out handle most cars as well as keep up with the best.

On the plus side, I had 2 full size mountain bikes in the back of mine.

They are a brilliant car.

Did you have any problems?

What costs were incurred over the years?

No problems at all apart from the lambda sensor which I mentioned.
It was £95 from a place in America.

The rest were just tyres, brakes and services

Depends on which garage you use but my local trusted garage was £140 for a basic service and £250 for the full service with valve clearances done.

Depends on which garage you use but my local trusted garage was £140 for a basic service and £250 for the full service with valve clearances done.

Thats not bad at all, ive just paid 200 for the clio! That with a honda garage?

No, they're an independent but all used to work for a Ford dealership which closed down.
They're excellent though, grease the door hinges on the service. I was shocked. :lol:

No, they're an independent but all used to work for a Ford dealership which closed down.
They're excellent though, grease the door hinges on the service. I was shocked. :lol:

I shall have to look for one when i finally buy it!

You say that but halfords did mine!

Back