• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 New Type R Gt Run-in

Hi, i'm just waiting for the finance to be approved on a new type r gt. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about the run-in of the new cars? I've heard i've got to keep it below 4000 RPM for the 1st 600 miles???

Any other info anyone's got would be greatly appreciated.

Oh & io may be being thick here.....but what does FN2 stand for!?!

Cheers

Matt

Hi, i'm just waiting for the finance to be approved on a new type r gt. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about the run-in of the new cars? I've heard i've got to keep it below 4000 RPM for the 1st 600 miles???

Cheers

Matt

Nope, just take it easy and use a bit of common sense. ;)

Cheers

Matt

fn2 is the chassis code the old civic was ep3 the new one fn2. the integra dc5. you get the idea

Dont worry to much about what revs just dont go thrashing it right away just take it easy for the first few weeks-- months

Got mine in Feb...asked the head mechanic about the run in. He told me to go steady for the first 1000 until the oil is changed. Then told me I needed to use the vtec, but dont go thrashing the nuts off it...something about the "pistons going deeper as it wears in" - have no idea what that meant.
Up to 7000 miles in it now and not a hiccup...

Careful with the stonechips though, the bloody thing is a pebble magnet, and its heartbreaking!

I've only been driving for about 6 months & it's my 2nd car..................so i'll probably be driving like a granny in it for a while to get used to it.

Was really impressed on the test drive, was like sh!t of a shovel!

Eek! You're either 50 and a later starter, or you have remortgaged your house for the insurance!

Can i ask what the first car was?

I'm 25, got the insurance down alot as my gfriend works for an insurance company!

1st was/is a pug 206, roland garros, 1.6. It's pretty quick but nothing like the civic!

Yeah i was a late starter but doind my best to make up for it now!

Is there any options i should go for?

I just went for the Gt because it seemed to have everything i wanted (apart from sat nav, i've got a tom tom anyway tho), also the standard 18" alloys.

i'm paying about 285 per month with a 2.4k deposit. Got free tax for a year & full tank of petrol thrown in as well.

Recon i got a good deal? I should i go back and squeeze more out of him?:twisted:

I moved to Germany and bought mine here. I work for adidas, so I got 10% off the base price.
I had the GT in Milano, with satnav (satnav helps keep resale value up). I dont like the standard wheels, and the Honda dealer I went to had ASA wheels on all the display models, so I had a set of those thrown in. By law here you have to have a set of winter tyres, so he gave me the standard wheels with winter tyres on.
I didnt go for any of the fancy options other than the satnav. Everything you need comes with the GT anyway.

All in, cost me 33'450 euro...about £26k on current x-rates. Dunno how this compares with UK prices at the moment.

Saw the new Impreza at the weekend...tempted!

Got mine in Feb...asked the head mechanic about the run in. He told me to go steady for the first 1000 until the oil is changed.

Honda state not to change the oil until the first service as this will hinder the bedding in of the engine, it should be in your handbook, it was for the EP3.

I moved to Germany and bought mine here. I work for adidas, so I got 10% off the base price.
I had the GT in Milano, with satnav (satnav helps keep resale value up). I dont like the standard wheels, and the Honda dealer I went to had ASA wheels on all the display models, so I had a set of those thrown in. By law here you have to have a set of winter tyres, so he gave me the standard wheels with winter tyres on.
I didnt go for any of the fancy options other than the satnav. Everything you need comes with the GT anyway.

All in, cost me 33'450 euro...about £26k on current x-rates. Dunno how this compares with UK prices at the moment.

Saw the new Impreza at the weekend...tempted!

F*ck Me!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your arse must hurt after a shafting like that!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yep, VAT higher in Germany 19%, and they'll load the delivery cost! Swindon to the fatherland cant be cheap!
Satnav was 2'800 euro...
They'll loosely base the GBP to euro exchange rate on whatever the worst rate was in the history of the euro.
Then theres tw@t tax to add on...

But I dont care, I wanted it!

ive had my civic for like 2 weeks, sales bloke didnt tell me nothing about the run in, i took it easy for the first hundred or so miles, but ive only done 400 in it now, although i just stick it on cruise control most of the time! but i havent been thrashing it or anyhing major

i got mine for 18,000 tried getting the RAGE wheels but they couldnt swap by the time they shipped it

its the GT in nighthawk black

im 21 got insurance for £985

Cheers

Matt
better keep under 4000RPM for 3000 miles - so i did on mine! - beter for longer time - so engine life will be longer ;)

better keep under 4000RPM for 3000 miles - so i did on mine! - beter for longer time - so engine life will be longer ;)

You do that and the valve train isn't bedded in properly as you're not engaging high cam. 3000 miles of little use and then ragging is just as bad as ragging it of the forecourt.

In my EP3, I drove it like I stole it from new, was just carefull with the clutch and brakes and never had an issue.

Back