• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 New Type-R Owner, First Question

Hi all,

after months of searching for the right vehicle I am finally picking up my Type-R GT next Friday and am pretty damn excited!

I've debated as to which if any mods I would make to the vehicle and personally I am 95% happy with how it comes as a standard GT-R apart from one thing, the spacing of the rear wheels.

For me the rear wheels look like they are set to deep within the rear arch and I was thinking of adding a set of 5mm or 10mm spacers to bring the rear wheels out however before I do I wanted to know;

1). Has anyone on the forum attempted to add spacers to the new Type-R GT?
2). If you did has it affected the handling of the vehicle in a noticeable way (positive or negative)?

The reason for the spacers is purely cosmetic, I think we can all agree that when you pin the car into a corner it's just a beautiful slick ride throughout the curve and I don't want to loose that control and precision as it one of the highlights of the car.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Spacers have been hard to come by as they have an odd centre bore (64.1) for the PCD (5x120).

There are some sets in the US that have been made for the Acura but I don't know of anyone that has fitted them.

H&R looked at it, but said you will struggle to fit spacers with their own studs as the wheels don't have symmetrical holes in the back, so don't clear the spacer studs. I wouldn't put bolt through spacers on as the studs arent mega long.

I'll have a look about and see if I can find a spacer kit I'm sure someone has done it well.

Out of interest and this may have been asked in another thread has anyone put their FK2 on a set of coil overs?

I'll have a look about and see if I can find a spacer kit I'm sure someone has done it well.

Out of interest and this may have been asked in another thread has anyone put their FK2 on a set of coil overs?

I don't think many people would dream of doing it. The handling is so damn good and the fact that the R button would lose the ability to firm and soften the suspension.

Edit: Unless there's a set of coilovers that support the R button? Would be interested if anyone knows of a set that do this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kw are doing a set specifically for the FK2, but you lose the adaptive dampers.

Back