• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 New TypeR R

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/208207/civic_cossie_blasts_off.html

Thanks to careful tuning, this car kicks out a tyre-burning 260bhp. It's the same basic i-VTEC 2.0-litre unit, but Honda has reduced friction on the internals and redesigned the camshafts. However, the greatest power gains have come from electronic improvements made using the ECU to operate the VTEC system.

car_photo_217024_7.jpg

If Honda could wring 260 ponies out of a 4 cylinder N/A engine then I expect S2000 owners would be the people to benefit.

260 ponies in a fwd CTR does not sound like a Honda target.:rolleyes:

Autoexpress "claim" to have driven the car.

They also claim to be truth telling journalists!!! :lol:

I would also expect the JDM car to get the more powerful engine - here in the UK we are always 2nd place in the good fortune dept. :(

If a Type-RR was to go into production it would have 225bhp and not 260bhp IMHO of course :lol:

anyway it's white so it will NEVER appear in the UK

What interests me is this ECU update. Possible KPRO for FN2 owners perhaps?

260 horses by tweaking the management?? IF it was that easy we'd not be wasting time with chargers...

Does look cool mind.

260 horses by tweaking the management?? IF it was that easy we'd not be wasting time with chargers...

Does look cool mind.

I believe the 260bhp claim but I think they have done more than just ECU mapping.

We all know KPRO, Induction, Exhaust and sports CAT/DeCAT produces 230+ so the other bits they have done could just about add an extra 30

I believe the 260bhp claim but I think they have done more than just ECU mapping.

We all know KPRO, Induction, Exhaust and sports CAT/DeCAT produces 230+ so the other bits they have done could just about add an extra 30

It mentions "cam redesign" too in the article
AC:D

I would say theres more chance of fingering the queens favourite corgi than there is of this car arriving on our shores. ***

*** Disclaimer - I do not advocate violating animals in this way whatsoever, just stated the equivalent likelihood of seeing this car. Also by this car arriving I mean officially and not via import. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope this clears things up somewhat. :cool:

I would say theres more chance of fingering the queens favourite corgi than there is of this car arriving on our shores. ***

*** Disclaimer - I do not advocate violating animals in this way whatsoever, just stated the equivalent likelihood of seeing this car. Also by this car arriving I mean officially and not via import. :D :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope this clears things up somewhat. :cool:

:shock: Cleared it up perfectly! Thanks! :eek:

You want me to give you a call next time we have the corgis at work?
AC :lol:

Isn't this just a JAS tuned FN2???

Most probably not road legal, and I believe 260bhp is achievable with JAS modifications but the price is something like £40,000

Back