• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new tyres now handles like jelly

Just fitted 4 new falkens 419's an when cornering hard it feels like i have 80 profiles. And at high speed any change in direction makes the back end feel like its not joined to the front. I have tried more pressure and less it makes no difference. Any sensible advice would be great. Oh its an fn2 on standard 18's.

Back end not feeling great is common on the FN2, because they don't have proper rear suspension like the EP3 does. Maybe upgrade to an EP3 to fix the problem.

I couldn't find any specs on 419s, 914s I could though. 914s are asymmetrical tyres but made for comfort not a ultra high performance. If you did mean 419 and it is a different tyre, are they directional and they've been put on the wrong way?

Back end not feeling great is common on the FN2, because they don't have proper rear suspension like the EP3 does. Maybe upgrade to an EP3 to fix the problem.

I know that's more than likely tongue in cheek but for the sake of balance that statement is a load of ***** that TBH. FN2s may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is universally accepted that they are much more stable at speed than an EP3.

I know that's more than likely tongue in cheek but for the sake of balance that statement is a load of ***** that TBH. FN2s may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is universally accepted that they are much more stable at speed than an EP3.

Not like i didn't just oversteer my EP3 into 40m of Ring armco :D

Doesn't the FK2 basically have a solid rear axle? Or as Honda put it 'crush tube torsion beam' and that set a Nürburgring lap record....
Oh hang on, it was beaten by a Golf with independent rear suspension. When will Honda ever learn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Civic beat the Megane which also uses a torsion beam.

The Golf is a stripped out, limited to 200 units, car. I've not seen a lap time for the Club Sport that it is based on.

The Civic beat the Megane which also uses a torsion beam.

The Golf is a stripped out, limited to 200 units, car. I've not seen a lap time for the Club Sport that it is based on.

That's still 199 more Golf's produced compared to the Civic that set the lap record...

So much dick swinging.

Pub figures are like pub dyno figures - meaningless in the real world.

Yep. I had a good go of Revmonkey's FN2, my god did that thing go round corners. He had the same tyres as my EP3, so a fair comparison, it was different but just as stable and just as fast.

Ring times are about as meaningful as a one night stand with a stripper.

I like the feel of the fn2 and certainly haven't felt it feel loose, it seems to corner flatter than my Ep3 did. Its on half decent tyres that came with it.

soon to be changed for a full matching set but undecided, eibach Springs and a fast road set up.

Back