• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Tyres - Scrubbing In & Alignment

I have just fitted my Advan Neova's this week on my DC2. Does anyone know how long in miles its best to let the tyres 'scrub in' before you really start pushing them. Taking it easy at the mo due to the winter weather and the tyres feeling a bit too fresh!

Also - Is it possible the tracking/alignment can be affected just by fitting new tyres?? Reason I ask, is I am sure my steering wheel is slightly off centre now, and there seems to be a slight judder when braking hard from speed. :?:

Gunn79 said:
I have just fitted my Advan Neova's this week on my DC2. Does anyone know how long in miles its best to let the tyres 'scrub in' before you really start pushing them. Taking it easy at the mo due to the winter weather and the tyres feeling a bit too fresh!

Also - Is it possible the tracking/alignment can be affected just by fitting new tyres?? Reason I ask, is I am sure my steering wheel is slightly off centre now, and there seems to be a slight judder when braking hard from speed. :?:

Most tyre places would say give it 200 miles or so before normal service resumes. As for the steering and juddering take it back and get them to check the alignment and the balancing of the wheels.

Give them a good 200+miles dude, they are greasy as hell from the mould!

What pressures are you running them at?

HASNIC said:

At the moment they are at 35 front, 33 rear (or whatever is stock for the OE size).

What pressure do you recommend for the 50 profile Advans??

I have only done about 50 miles max since having them fitted Monday :oops:

Gunn79 said:
HASNIC said:

At the moment they are at 35 front, 33 rear (or whatever is stock for the OE size).

What pressure do you recommend for the 50 profile Advans??

I have only done about 50 miles max since having them fitted Monday :oops:

I tended to run them at 32 f 30 r but it's finding out what works for you really mate. They were sharper when i upped the pressure a bit but due to my geometry settings they'd kill the tyres far too quickly so i keep it at 32-30 and it works well for me on road and track :)

Cheers for the info, will try it out (if I ever do enough miles to scrub them in, still only done a max 50 miles since having them fitted :oops: )

Gunn79 said:
Cheers for the info, will try it out (if I ever do enough miles to scrub them in, still only done a max 50 miles since having them fitted :oops: )

Just wait for a nice bit of dry weather to get them scrubbed in dude, and then when they are just laugh at how much spray they kick up in the wet :lol:

Really not enjoying waiting for these to scrub in. Must have covered around 140 miles now, and its scary how little grip I have at the moment. I know the weather is not helping, but I had soooo much more confidence in my heavily worn Bridgestones. Daily driving feels like I am having to tip-toe round every corner.

Checking the tyres, the rears still have all their 'mould tags' attached on the shoulder and center of the tyre, and the fronts have them on the shoulders, and you can still see and feel them in the center. This scrubbing in is gonna take a while in this weather, and I am seriously considering taking them off and getting a new set of Bridgestones fitted :oops: :x

Neily03 said:
Have you checked the pressures since they were fitted?

Yup - The tyre fitters had them at the OE spec, so I dropped them down a bit to what other Advan Neova users recommend.

To be honest mate you're going to struggle to find much grip in these temperatures. I went out for a 40 min blast the other day and my tyres were barely warm when I got back

Honestly mate stick with them, they outgrip the B'stones in all conditions but with 140 winter miles is about the same as doing 15 dry miles!

Back