• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

New Wheels For The Teg

Nothing too exciting on the wheel choice, but I am very happy all the same.

I managed to get hold of a virtually brand new set of Championship White 15" ITR wheels. They were imported from Japan as second hand parts. I guess in Japan, the previous owner kept them as a spare set for when it snowed. This is due to the fact the came fitted with Yokohama studless snow tyres.

From the pristine condition of the wheels, and the brand new tyres, it is safe to assume these wheels have never used on the road.

Unfortunately, the snow tyres are completely useless (unless in snow conditions!) so I decided to get another set of OE fitment Bridgestone RE010's. I only bought some new for my old Teg wheels approx. 2000 miles ago!

Picked the wheels and new tyres up from the tyre fitters today. Once home, I gave the wheels a clean with some Meg's paint restorer polish, and then sealed them with AutoGlym wheel sealant. to help keep them in good condition when in road use.

So here are the pics;

DSC01009.jpg

Here are the snow tyres - Open to offers if anyone wants them!

DSC01014.jpg

And some quick shots on the car this evening (car needs a clean!)

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01021.jpg

DSC01028.jpg

I will get some better pics when I have more time and the car is clean.

Although I really like the way they look, I am still a little undecided. I always thought I would stick with dark wheels on the Teg, but I guess I always have my old gun metal Teg wheels if I fancy a change back.

Finally, just want to give a massive shout out to Livvy who I bought the wheels off. If anyone is looking for a set of Honda/JDM alloys, then take a look at her site. Great service, and come highly recommended from me. Cheers.

http://livvyspartsforsale.fotopic.net/

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
them wheels are MINT

i know i was drooling over them, and there much lighter then the 16" honda wheels

keep the snow tyres for next year makes a big diffrence when roads get cold

Sorry mate, I don't think they suit the car personally :(

But if your happy with them thats all that matters ;)

Very happy with the wheels, still a bit undecided about the colour. I was out at dusk last night, and in the low light they look awesome.

I think what is confusing my decision is my GF's new Seat Ibiza GTI, which is red with gloss black alloys, and looks superb :cool:

Teg looks mint I've seen pics of it with the other wheels on and these look far, far better!

And as for the saying the car needs a clean, come off it mate.

Wonderful example of a DC2 that's getting better and better. :smt023

Back