• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new wipers needed

well, during the big frost last week, the rubber on my passenger side wiper stuck to the ice, the wiper went up and thus ripped the rubber clean off, so now need a new pair of front wipers.

any recommendations? halfords want something close to £20 for a set, is this really the going rate? any one else bought from anywhere else for a better price?

cheers

I grabbed a set of aero wipers off the bay, cost about a tenner and did a grand job.

Improve the looks too, if such a thing is possible with wiper blades.

I got some aero one's from carpartsforless its cheaper than eurocarparts but it all comes from them.

I recommend not getting aero wipers. I got them and they are ****. They look **** and you have to bend them in to shape to clear water every few weeks. Stick to the standard ones.

I recommend not getting aero wipers. I got them and they are ****. They look **** and you have to bend them in to shape to clear water every few weeks. Stick to the standard ones.

Not true, I got the £6 specials off eBay and they've outlasted the Bosch standard ones I bought for £25 iirc
Cheapos ftw

I've got Bosch aero wipers, had them for around 18 months and they're still going strong. No bending required.

I ran eBay poverty spec specials for around a year, they were so good I took them off when I sold the car and they've been sittle on the mantlepiece on a little wooden plynth in memory of their greatness.*

*The Mrs f*cking loathes them.

My PIAA ones died after 3 years. Got some Honda ones to replace them along with some Rain-X

The right amount of rain ex and you almost don't need wipers at if your on the motorway :lol:

anyone know the actual length of the front wiper blades on an ep3? looking on ebay and the blades range in packs from 24"/16", 24"/15" or 21"/19" etc.

It's 24" and 15" on the front. 12" on the rear. I've got Bosch Aero on my facelift EP3 and they're great, no bending required, just plug and play.

Back