• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

new wipers? where from?

need new wipers all round for the CTR and dont want to splash out on PIAA ones. can i buy wipers from anywhere else other than stealers? halfords dont stock them?

I thought the stealers would be your best bet.......the OE Honda blades are Valeo which IMO are better than the rest........even the PIAA ones as these leave silicon deposits on the glass :evil:

Failing that, Halfrauds should have Bosch ones. :?

yowserctr said:
I thought the stealers would be your best bet.......the OE Honda blades are Valeo which IMO are better than the rest........even the PIAA ones as these leave silicon deposits on the glass :evil:

Failing that, Halfrauds should have Bosch ones. :?

^^ listen to this man, he speaketh the truth!

dealers are ok I think its £20 for all of them

PIAA are worth the money though!

I use Bosch ones from Halfrauds, although you have to use Honda ones for the rear. :wink:

tommyturbo said:
Just replace the blades which will cost you less then half.
Fair point that...but the clawforms in the blade harness never fit aftermarket rubbers properly. And you normally get a plastic vertebrae instead of the steel ones. :wink:
Unless the rubber is split, any smear or judder is normally caused by the blade to glass angle (attack angle) this can be adjusted by twisting the wiper arm.

You would never guess that I used to design wiper systems for a living. :wink: :lol: 8)

yowserctr said:
tommyturbo said:
Fair point that...but the clawforms in the blade harness never fit aftermarket rubbers properly. And you normally get a plastic vertebrae instead of the steel ones. :wink:
Unless the rubber is split, any smear or judder is normally caused by the blade to glass angle (attack angle) this can be adjusted by twisting the wiper arm.

You would never guess that I used to design wiper systems for a living. :wink: :lol: 8)

Such exciting facts!!! Bet you're a blast at a party!! :wink: :lol:

Neily03 said:
Such exciting facts!!! Bet you're a blast at a party!! :wink: :lol:
fookin legendary mate.......from wipers to penis enlargers...there are many meats in my cultural stew. :wink: :lol:

yowserctr said:
tommyturbo said:

TBH I have not tried it on my CTR as it is only 12 months old but I have been successful on my old Rover coupe and the wife's Clio.

What do you mean by plastic Vertebrae? Are they the 2 long pins you slide out?

tommyturbo said:
TBH I have not tried it on my CTR as it is only 12 months old but I have been successful on my old Rover coupe and the wife's Clio.

What do you mean by plastic Vertebrae? Are they the 2 long pins you slide out?

The vertebae are the two metal/plastic strips that run along either side of the rubber..... :wink:

As mentioned, if you dont want the PIAA ones, no better place to get replacement than from local dealer.

I have the PIAA ones and think they're great- but hte best is the wipe which i guess is like Rain X

Just sent dad to stealers as he works across the road from it, full set £20. should have been £24 but dealer had no change so just took 20 :D

Back