• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

*Newbie* ATR: Pipercross vs. K&N

Hi everyone. I have just bought my first type 'R' Don't even pick it up until this Sunday - Can't wait.

It is a bog standard ATR and I want to put on a CAI kit. It seems that either the PiperCross PK307f at about £170 and the K&N Typhoon at about £220 are the answer.

Is there really 50 quids worth of difference in performance or is it purely cosmetic (cause the rest of the engine bay is looking pretty ratted)

Cheers
Simon

Hi and welcome

everyone will tell you the k&n typhoon and agree its awesome

oh year dont forget to register at ww.atr.org.uk when its back on line

here good too

Welcome:)

As Rich said, the Typhoon is the best on the market imo, quality and fit is far, far better:smt023

Thanks, for the advice, guys - I'll let you know how I get on. Reading through the rest of the forums it really seems like the Type 'R' community know their stuff.

Despite only owning the car for minus 4 days ;) I am also thinking about a programable engine management system like 'enginuity' or the 'Apexi Power FC' chip. My friend who has a Scooby uses the Apexi. Does anyone with a Type 'R' dabble?

Deffo the typhoon the pipercross looks ugly an is not very well made plus with the foam filters they tend to break up a bit.

As far as the ECU mods go i have not come across anyone thats done this type of mod an not had troubles or messing about with them all the time :lol:

Welcome along by the way

...and thanks for making a newbie feel so welcome, Type.R230.

Everybody seems to say go for the K&N on and ATR. These Gruppe M ones seem to be just for the CTR (?)

Picking the car up on Sunday and just realised - no road tax on it so might need to wait till the new year before I can sort out the funds. Unless anyone is selling a 2nd hand one. I guess that they're like hen's teeth though as who would buy one and take it off?!

Regarding the programable chip I might wait a few months then come back to it

Cheers :lol:

regarding the programable ecu try asking fastphil about his when its fitted he just got a aem one cant remember if its fitted yet though

The AEM ECU Phil just bought goes for around the £1350 mark but it is just a plug in job an have re mapped to suit the mods fitted to the car which seems a lot less hassle to me than the other systems :lol:

i have the AEM fitted,has made a diffrence but i need to get it mapped for my mods,it will be getting done after the year:twisted:

The K&n Typhoon does the job, ask Rich he`l sort you out.
Ive got an ARC induction setup and the better the car runs the more visious it sounds :twisted: , or the Mugen Carbon setup is a another good kit but you pay your money for the designer honda stuff.

The K&n Typhoon does the job, ask Rich he`l sort you out.
Ive got an ARC induction setup and the better the car runs the more visious it sounds :twisted: , or the Mugen Carbon setup is a another good kit but you pay your money for the designer honda stuff.

Thanks. What is Rich's name on here and I'll PM him for a price. Cheers
Simon

Thanks. What is Rich's name on here and I'll PM him for a price. Cheers
Simon

Yoooo Hoooo :lol:

Best i can do on them is £230 delivered ;)
I lent my car to K@N to fit check an test the first in the UK a couple of years ago, did the same with mongoose last yr too for the full exhaus do :lol:

Back