• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 newbie FN2 owner in January after being a newbie EP3 owner in November

Well, my momentary dip into EP3 ownership in November has been a complete disaster, I have had an issue with the steering not returning to centre which I believe is a fault with the steering rack, and so did the local Honda dealer, however after a claim on the 3 month warranty being too soon into ownership the claim was rejected and after returning to the other supplying dealer, also Honda btw, I am told off them that there is no fault with the steering and at most the tracking is out, this was done and although better is still not returning to the centre. The wheel is notchy when turning and i’ve had an instance on the motorway where as you turn the wheel its as if the power steering stops working momentarily, I booked it in for them too look at again but I felt like I was being fobbed off on the phone, and faced a 40 minute motorway trip to see them which I didn’t fancy!

I've also had an issue with a leak through a looks like a previously smashed and replaced rear window (I can hear the glass rattling around in the tailgate when the car is dry) and I think the clutch is well on its way out too.

So after not getting anywhere i've lost faith in the car and decided to give it up as a bad job, I don’t think id ever have been happy with it after everything thats happened, so I've traded it in for an FN2 type R at a different dealer and written a letter of complaint to the other one, I’ve also lost £1500 quid in the process.

But I have a newer car that I actually prefer the look of. It’s the same colour (Alabaster Silver), its not a GT, but I really like the way it drives so fingers crossed! Im just going to draw a line under the whole incident now and move on.
I suppose I can at least compare my old DC5 to the EP3 and FN2 now anyway, and I’ve advised friends to never take me to look at a car with them :p

I’ll get a better picture when I collect it, but this will have to do for now, (sorry about the quality)

IMG_20120103_184515.jpg

welcome

Welcome aboard bud :) I'm a n00b myself , Great colour choice although im more than a bit biased! I've had my Alabaster Silver FN2 for 11 days and Love it! It's a shame that you had a bad experience with the Ep3 but hey thats one less of them and one more of us :)

Get a couple of pics up when you get a chance.

Make yourself a tea/coffee and have a read of Loxys build on members cars (if youve not already), his is the spec most of us dream of and its the best colour :D :cool:

Did you not notice those faults when you test drove it in the first place? I think you should've tried a lot harder to get your money back. The car was clearly unfit and not satisfactory under the sale of goods act. Can't believe you rolled over and lost £1500.

I didn't notice the steering fault when I test drove it, mainly because I only really drove it around the block and on a country road, but I informed them 3 days later that something wasn't right. The leaky window was only noticed after I further investigated the fact the rear of the car was always steaming up, and eventually when the car was dry the glass started to rattle opening and closing the boot.
Clutch wise i should of realised, but I’d jumped out of a car with a pretty stiff clutch into this one and didn't notice much difference, I presume that without taking it out I can't prove how worn it is, its gone from being quite stiff, to what feels like quite a high bite point now though.

I suppose I should have tried harder and sought legal advice, or something, maybe got an independent engineers report, but having just started a new job it was starting to effect me at work, so I just ended up taking the hit, it does make me sick inside that I have though, struggling to be happy about getting the new one really. Hopefully I will hear something back from the letter though.

haha, i know i've seen your thread, Don't make me feel any worse! :( The thought has crossed my mind many many times that I should never have sold that car.

I like that fact that the FN2 seems to be a bit of an underdog though, and I enjoyed driving it, so im optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like that fact that the FN2 seems to be a bit of an underdog though, and I enjoyed driving it, so im optimistic.

^this!

The Clarkson review was one of the best things about owning a FN2. It surprises so many people on the road who underestimate it!

Had the car a few days and I love it, its so much more refined than the last one. I thought i'd post up a few pics anyway, hopefully i'll eventually be able to start on with a few mods, but for now I need to save up some money.

2-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

Yeah can't say I have really... Not that I've noticed anyway. And I did work in a Honda dealer for a year or so at the time they came out :-S

im sitting grinning looking at your photo's of your car, it looks great :) the grin is because the one outside here looks pretty much identical and if you've had half as much fun as me in my fn2 for the past few days, I know you're probably grinning too

im sitting grinning looking at your photo's of your car, it looks great :) the grin is because the one outside here looks pretty much identical and if you've had half as much fun as me in my fn2 for the past few days, I know you're probably grinning too

Yeah your right, it sort of makes up for all that went wrong with the last one too :-D

Excellent! I'm currently sat in auto glass Edinburgh waiting to see if today's stone chip on the windscreen is repairable :( hopefully it is, could have been worse my chimney came down in the wind last week and it missed the car :D, sorted, result :)

The CTR is taking a bit of getting used to after 4 years of derv Alfa 147, mmm Revs.

I'm really impressed with the fit and finish on these cars, love the dash and the standard soundsystem is really quite good compared to the attempt in my previous car. As for the engine, wow, best petrol car ive ever owned, makes my old mk2 16v golf gti seem like a bit of a damp squib.

I cant get enough of the induction noise, and the little burble from the exhausts at low revs in the underground carpark is just plain lush, for a stock setup it sounds pretty meaty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back