• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Newbie Headunit Questions - Power!

Hi All,

Having recently got my new EP3 without a headunit installed (the guy kept his old one in Japan I guess) I have purchased an Alpine single din unit as well as the wiring adaptors and fascia adaptor. I thought it would be a simple plug and play however the unit still doesn't seem to turn on, even with ignition on etc. The lights, cigarette lighter etc work and I have checked all fuses. This leads me to thinking it would need to be connected direct to the battery as it is drawing too much power? I'm a novice with stereos sadly!

Any helps appreciated.

Jack

Have you double checked all the connections? check the power wire into the plug and then adapter and so on

I did check them over but nothing seemed loose. If I took my voltmeter home would this give me an idea?

All working! Turn's out I am a complete noob and forgot to connect a couple of the wires on the harness. I thought it was literally plug one plug into the other. Happy days!

Back