• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Newbie, JDM EP3

Apparently i've been registered here since 2006 and never posted :lol:

Been directed here by dotty :)

This is my 4th honda. First being a 1997 EK9 CTR, then a 2002 JDM EP3 CTR, then had a fling with a 2005 350z, and now onto my 2003 JDM EP3 CTR which i love!

The car had a few mods on it when i got it, mainly the gruppe m, the full spec now is.

Gruppe M
SFS Induction hose
FEEL'S Titanium cat back
Spoon oil cap
Spoon rad cap
Spoon plug cover
Mugen reservoir sock
Grooved discs
Ferodo DS2500 pads
Skunk2 gear knob
Alpine touch screen dvd player
Alpine Type R components and coaxials
Spoon low drivers seat rail

Mod's waiting to fit are

17" Rota slipstreams in champ white
Tein springs
camber kit front and rear
j's racing strut brace
tegiwa bolt kit
kpro when it arrives!

Think thats everything :lol:

When i got the car it was in need of a good detail, luckily i do this part time so it resulted in going from this

DSCF1293resized.jpg

DSCF1296resized.jpg

DSCF1297resized.jpg

To this

DSCF1318resized.jpg

DSCF1327resized.jpg

Next job was the oem wheels. Being 6 years old they were showing signs of it! Luckily (again) i'm also a dab hand at painting, so refurbed them.

Before

DSCF1333resized.jpg

DSCF1336resized.jpg

After

DSCF1389resized.jpg

DSCF1398.jpg

Also got my private plate on
DSCF1402.jpg

DSCF1404.jpg

DSCF1405.jpg

Then I fitted my sexual FEEL'S titanium exhaust, which everyone with a civic seems to get a stiffy over :roll:

DSCF1425.jpg

So present day...

A couple of recent pics, from the scottish modified car show a few weeks back. Got my tein springs now, but the camber kit which arrived turned out to be the wrong one! So finally getting all that sorted next week now. Started prepping the rota slips for paint, so suspension and wheels will be done in one go :cool:
Also bought a j's racing strut brace, the gold brackets didnt go with anything in the bay and had a few marks so had them powder coated matt black, will be fitting along with springs :)

martin1.jpg

martin2.jpg

Had a dyno run a few weeks back and it made 224bhp, so quite happy the now (after a very dubious 246bhp run a few times, turned out to be a weak handbrake upsetting the rollers drag calculations). Kpro will be here next week so just need the save the pennies again for a toda mani.

Thanks for looking :)

Hello & Welcome.

Nice car you have there.

How easy is it to powder coat the gold bits on the J's strut? Will think about having it done myself.

I remeber your car from the Dyno run thread on CTRO.

I think I have seen it on detailing world too.

Welcome to the forum :D .

I just took it to a local powdercoater, the gold they had was way off the j's colour so got them done matt black so go with the plastics in the bay, only cost a fiver. Mainly got it done because it was scraped around the AC pipes.

Yeah suits it's been on DW :)

I'm unsure on the mugen bits, kinda like them standard!

It just turned 50k miles last week :)

Hoping the rota's look just as good.

Not yet. They're 17" rota slipstreams. I bought them a while back 2nd hand as they're the fully polished versions and the lacquer was starting to corrode slightly, so in the process of prepping them for paint now. They'll be on next week once its lowered so expect pics then :)

Not yet. They're 17" rota slipstreams. I bought them a while back 2nd hand as they're the fully polished versions and the lacquer was starting to corrode slightly, so in the process of prepping them for paint now. They'll be on next week once its lowered so expect pics then :)

What colour?:D

Back