• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Newbie looking to buy ep3

Hi guys

New to the forum, I'm on the search looking to buy a facelift 55 or 06 plate premier edition in black or cosmic grey ep3 budget is 3k looking for mileage of 80k as intend to keep long term

Is this reasonable? Looking for an unmodified clean unabused example, low owners and one which has had the timing chain, gearbox oil, and clutch replaced with full sh

I'm i being realistic? as it appears such examples are rare, few and far between...

Any advice/ guidance would be appreciated!

I wouldn't say you date being realistic with your expectations and budget there tbh.

I would say you'd be looking at something 04 around 100k at that money and you'd probably have to do lots of that clutch and stuff yourself unless you are lucky. Good luck in your search though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm based in the west midlands and would be prepared to travel for the right car. Do these cars suffer from alignment issues? Also I've noticed alot of cars have underbody corrosion listed on mot as an advisory. Is this of any cause of concern?

If anyone on the forum is considering selling their type r ep3 please feel free to contact me :)

I travelled from Essex to North Yorkshire for mine so worth traveling for the right one. I also found that Pistonheads classifieds had a better quality of car for sale and more enthusiast owned ones. Mines tatty but was pretty mechanically sound but I've had to have the clutch done amongst other bits that were worth having done whilst it was all out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be lucky to get what you are looking for with that budget. Mines an 06 plate on 87k with no clutch or chain done and I paid more than that.
Mine has surface rust underneath, mainly exhaust and inner arches, will be looking to underseal soon.

I guess I can be a little flexible with the mileage but dont want any nasty surprises for any expensive repairs etc

I'm from Liverpool, and just travelled to Alloa in Scotland for a 55 plate prem in cosmic grey with 84k on it for £4600, on eibach springs, tegiwa intake, cobra exaust and was looking for months for a good example, so best of luck haha.

Wont get what you want for that budget i'm afraid, if you find it it will be too good to be true.

So either up the budget or lower expectations.

On all three occasions I have bought ep3's I have had to up the budget from what i interested on spending to get the right one

Will consider increasing budget for the right car. Have a focus and audi in no particular rush but have the itch to get into an ep3 as soon as ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately that combination of expectations, as many have said here, is unrealistic mate. You'll be lucky to get one with similar stats that isnt a premier edition but its rare. Good luck though.

I got my ep3 18 months ago.

It's in very good condition but had 108000 miles on it and it isn't a premier edition. It cost me just under £4000.

I maybe paid a bit over the odds but I'm very happy with it. Some of the low mileage premiers are starting to go for silly money now but I'm sure there are bargains out there if you keep looking.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Back