• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Newbie - Modifications Advice

Alright guys, this post is a bit of a mixed bag, so bear with me, i wasnt sure which section of the forum to place it.

Newbie here, just bought a 54plate nighthawk black CTR with relatively low miles on it and I live in the Newcastle area.

I know there are many discussions on here about different modifications available, and im pretty sure there will be a ideal plan to do them in the right order, my question is what route should i take?

CAI, then header, then cat-back, then ecu, etc etc and how much will each stage cost?

My car is boggo standard, i was thinking of putting it on a diet but so far i have only removed the spare wheel.

Your assistance would be much appreciated
Dave

No point in a header until you plan to remap really mate.

I think the most common order is to get either a cat back or intake (for some noise first mainly)
Once you have both then go for the header and a remap at the same time.

Intake, cat-back, header (you need the Hondata ready for when the header goes on), RBC on at the same time as the header and before getting mapped, otherwise you'll end up paying for another map just to maximise the benefits of the RBC.

Better still, lower it, stiffen it, remove unnecessary weight and add a LSD - powers nice, but handlings even better. I remember when my EP3 handled - it was untouchable against pretty much all in its class and just above.

Doing the CAI at the end of this month (Payday), going for the AEM, not sure what type it is but probably the one that fits behind the wheel arch.

I'll look into Cat Backs, unless you kind folk want to direct me to a useful subject/topic on this forum.

I'll end up doing the K100 as i dont plan on doing many more engine mods after the header, etc.

I fancy one of those buddyclub quickshifts too, but thats going off topic sorry.

As per the RiterType. - Handling would be my first.

but;

AEM Cai £100
Catback £400
Header £400
RBC £200
ECU+Map £900

Don't really need a catback TBH, an unsilenced B-pipe takes the majority of the restriction out of the OEM exhaust. The backbox is considered pretty good as standard. I like the look of the standard exhaust so I wanted to keep it and also have a little extra umph so opted for a supersprint B-pipe.

AEM CAI's sound awesome, best intake without going silly on price IMO.

I like the standard back box too, is there any impact on the noise with the unsilenced B-Pipe to the exhaust when idling.

Been quoted £230 including fitting for the AEM CAI intake
Also had a quick look at the Supersprint B-Pipe, £200 looks like a reasonable price.

Slightly at idle yea, it is MUCH louder at full throttle. Not toooooo bad at cruising speed, I live with it and I commute 30 miles each way every day.

and I live in the Newcastle area.

I know there are many discussions on here about different modifications available, and im pretty sure there will be a ideal plan to do them in the right order, my question is what route should i take?

Cat-1 alarm/immobiliser and tracker? :lol:

At the end of the day, it's your car, you do what you want with it :) Unless you are a figure whore, keep the backbox for now and maybe get a custom one made that is a little more free flowing somewhere down the line.

Back