• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Newbie needs help-bushes

Hi everyone I am totally new to the group and totally new to the civic type R. I have just recently put a deposit down on an 03 plate ep3 however looking at the last Mot it has the advisory of both o/s and n/s front suspension arm synthetic bush deteriorated but not causing excessive movement. I have been reading the other threads and everyone seems to advise the frsu with poly bushes and different camber setups but I don't want to spend a fortune as I have no dollar left for a month or two so I was wandering if the cheapest option for the moment would be to just replace with oe bushes. I'm located in Gloucester and haven't a clue where the nearest garage is that will know what they are doing. Can anyone help please? Thank you for being patient with me guys

Oh right sounds easy peasy. There is a set on ebay for 133 quid does that sound about right for new? How much do you think the labour would be to carry out the work?

Yeah sounds about right just make sure there not cheap ones. And garage labour rates can go from £40 hour to £80 so depends. Or you could tackle it your self only need a jack and a ratchet and 19mm socket and a hammer 3 bolts per side.

I wouldn't dare to do it myself I would be too afraid of ruining it. Much rather get a decent garage to do the job. Someone has offered me a pair of arms with energy poly bushes fitted already for 50 + postage which seems very fair. So then it's just the labour (which seems to be the killer)

They are being done at Honda tomorrow mate. The lad I bought it offs old man works there so he getting it done cheap which is ideal. Hopefully the poly bushes will be a decent upgrade from oem. Going to get the frsu done as well

Back