• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Newbie, with possible problem?

Hi all, new member from Bristol, I bought a 55 plate premier CTR ep3 2 weeks ago, love the car. However the other day it started to sound like the exhaust was blowing and then read a thread on here earlier where someone said they thought there exhaust was blowing but turned out to be big ends. Was wondering if anyone could give some info on this, or any help at all will be great. The car oil level has been checked regularly in my two weeks of owning it and hasn't been low in this time. Any help will be appreciated, cheers!

Hello and welcome. :smt006

Have you actually checked the exhaust to see if it is blowing? I'd be inclined to check the easy stuff before I'd start looking at big ends.

Hello and welcome. :smt006

Have you actually checked the exhaust to see if it is blowing? I'd be inclined to check the easy stuff before I'd start looking at big ends.

Thanks for the reply. I havnt checked the exhaust yet am going to see if the garage I work next to will put it up on the ramp for me tomorrow and check it. I thought it was just the exhaust so was gonna just replace it, but just worried me when I read the post earlier and don't want to spend loads on a new system when there more wrong sort of thing

You'll be able to spot a blowing exhaust on the ramps. These would be great big dirty marks on the pipe or joins where it's leaking from and running you'll be able to hear it.

So inspect it before getting your wallet out for a new one. ;)

Garage managed to get car up on ramp today, the joint from manifold to down pipe is corroded that seems to be the problem. Not so bad I suppose as was thinking of changing the system anyway

Back