• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NHB Civic Type R EP3 *Lowered and FRSU Pics added*

Hey should have really started this a while back, when I picked up the car but oh well I am going to do so now…

Anyway this is my Nighthawk Black Facelift Honda Civic Type R.

After previously owning a 106 Quicksilver with a GTi engine in, I wanted something more reliable and a nicer car to be in and obviously a little bit more power ;)

Picture013.jpg

I picked the car up in June and this is how it looked the day I picked it up…

IMG_0317.jpg

I picked the car up with 43,700 miles on it which I was chuffed about as I was looking for a low mileage one. As you can see it came with a carbon replica Mugen grill (at least that’s what I think it was) I wasn’t really a fan of it if I’m honest. It also has a HKS mushroom filter on, which makes a cool sound but it will be coming off very soon..

So straight away I wanted to find someone who was willing to do a swap for a standard Type R grill luckily a guy wanted a straight swap.

IMG_0325.jpg

The previous owner must have stuck the carbon grill on with sticky pads which was a pain to get off and unfortunately ripped a little bit of paint off, but personally I think the standard grill looks a lot cleaner.

Once that was off it was time to give it a good clean so I went down to Elite Car Care in Maidenhead and picked up a load of cleaning products and pressure washer.

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

After a good 6 hour cleaning session and a good tidy up inside (sorry no pictures on interior as of yet) the car looked a bit more presentable.

IMG_0330.jpg

& for all you Instagram fans

IMG_0342.jpg

Next on my list was to give the car a good service once I had it in my possession, I booked it into JDmodified in Basingstoke who did a really good job, changed all the fluids for me and put new pads and discs on all round! It is now running perfectly and stopping very well.

Now I’m part of the Honda club, few mates of mine wanted me to come to JAE, at first I wasn’t too sure seeming as I had a standard car, but after a bit of persuading I decided to go and was a fantastic weekend, gave me loads of ideas.

So after another massively detailed clean here are a few shots from JAE..

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

& this I’m pretty chuffed about aswell, all that cleaning paid off!

IMG_0411.jpg

Once the service and JAE was out of the way I needed to get some new rubber, this took me a while to research into what tyres were good to get, I brought the car with Parada Spec 2’s on and personally they are terrible :p I used to run Uniroyal Rainsport 2’s on my 106 and asked a few people on here if they could recommend them and everyone said they were good on the Civic so I purchased 4 new Rainsport 2’s from Camskill..

IMG_0444.jpg

Great boot filler as well

IMG_0446.jpg

They are all fitted now so just wearing them in.

Cleaned the inside of my car today so here are some Interior pictures :)

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0348-1.jpg

That’s it for the time being, waiting to get paid again so I can start properly modding it, near future plans are:-

• Tegiwa Gruppe M Carbon Induction
  • Supersprint 2” Stainless Steel B-Pipe
  • 40-50mm Drop
  • Spray front bumper
  • Get wheels refurbished in a dark bronze colour

Anyway that’s it any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated, will keep the updates coming from now on! Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
hello, nice looking motor, never driven an ep3 myself, keep meaning to tap my sister up to let me drive hers before she flogs it!

haha! I did testdrive a few things before buying this I was rather tempted by a Clio 197 but found the interior was very dull and not as exciting to drive, plus I love where the gearstick is, very happy with it :)

haha! I did testdrive a few things before buying this I was rather tempted by a Clio 197 but found the interior was very dull and not as exciting to drive, plus I love where the gearstick is, very happy with it :)

i test drove a 197 aswell now you mention it, was a nice drive but like you say the interior is rubbish, the Clio RS 200 on the other hand might have swayed me if i'd had a few extra grand.

Your's should sound good with the Teg M and supersprint!

Yeah hopefully should be able to buy it all end of this month! and yeah the RS200 is lovely!

When you get the wheels done dark bronze please post pics, I have some enkei's I want to do similar colour but not sure what shade of bronze to go.

it sounds low I know but ive seen pics of an EP3 dropped on the same springs and there is still arch gap so not as bad as i thought! :)

Very tidy motor. Agree with kennypg1, looks better with original grill. Nice detail job, hoping to do mine on weekend after spending a fortune on cleaning products, weather permitting.

When you get the wheels done dark bronze please post pics, I have some enkei's I want to do similar colour but not sure what shade of bronze to go.

Will do mate! Im still unsure about how dark I want to go will have to go to a paint shop and ask them to do some test colours for me or something!

Hello mate! Still remember me?

Car looks nice! Don't drop it too low with springs! :)

Hello mate, yeah course I do, and thank you very much should be nice when its all finished! your car looks wicked still mate good effort!

Very tidy motor. Agree with kennypg1, looks better with original grill. Nice detail job, hoping to do mine on weekend after spending a fortune on cleaning products, weather permitting.

Thank you! ha yeah the cleaning products cost a fortune although you can never have enough :p ah nice one hope it comes out gleaming and the weather holds out for you :)

My previous car was a 106 GTI quick but like with yours it was unreliable lol.
how are the new tyres? Have the Parada spec 2's on mine! Feel great in dry only thing im not so keen on is the road noise. :(
keep us posted mate

My previous car was a 106 GTI quick but like with yours it was unreliable lol.
how are the new tyres? Have the Parada spec 2's on mine! Feel great in dry only thing im not so keen on is the road noise. :(
keep us posted mate

Loved my 106 great fun! Yeah they are decent man I highly rate them to be honest I, didnt like the spec 2's but i think its because the person before my had put part warns on and the tread wasnt too great! And yeah they are loud..

Just a little update, I went down to the spray shop yesterday to get a quote on getting my bumper and wheels done, the bumper was £250 which i think is a good price but they said it would cost me £100 a wheel to get powdercoated and I wasn't sure if that's good or not so any advice would be good also if you could recommend any decent spray shops around the Reading area would be cool :)

Also after looking around on the internet I think I've found the colour I want..

IMG_0458.png

let me know what you think :)

£100 a wheel sounds rather steep!! They're not diamond cut are they? The places near me charge between £45 - £60 a wheel! But that is delivered to them with tyres off! I know some places charge a bit more if you drop your car off and they do all the wheel/tyre removal for you!

£100 a wheel sounds rather steep!! They're not diamond cut are they? The places near me charge between £45 - £60 a wheel! But that is delivered to them with tyres off! I know some places charge a bit more if you drop your car off and they do all the wheel/tyre removal for you!

okay I've got a couple more places I need to get quotes from so shall see what they say! cheers!

Back