• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NIGHTHAWK BLACK EP3 PREMIER EDITION

many thanks

Led's i brought i while ago i got them off ebay but can't remember the seller now but will try and find out for you.....as for the battery tie bar another ebay special brought from a company called VT CUSTOMS nice quality tie bar as good as you will find anywhere and it only coat £10 delivered.....

Things have arrived

today a few things i had brought while on holiday arrived. You have got to love fee-bay..Anyway i needed a new intake hose badly mine had 2 massive splits in it so that was the first job nice and simple.. Also brought a HKS intake with a new HKS filter ...so much better than the stock airbox the engine bay is starting to look better but so much more needs to be done also removed the plastic engine cover i don't know why but i just don't like them. decided to remove the bonnet sound deading too.....for good measure.. My new K-Tuned oil cap looks nice just need to sort out the cam cover now be course that's letting everything down....

35179352823_e7b7fc1f75_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0493 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

35179390903_721dce4ae6_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0497 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Brought an original gear gaiter to replace the faded alcantara leather one

35857296271_ddf0edeea1_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0495 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last of all i reinstalled the rear wiper which the previous owner had deleted looks so much better nice and oem.............................

35179366903_50ae6d903c_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0498 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

I have that head unit, its a nice bit of kit but your fitment looks much better than mine!
Which fascia is that? Did you trim it?

Are you not worried about heat soak there? The vtec engine gets mighty hot this time of year. I ended up going back to the standard air box as I was down on power

I have that head unit, its a nice bit of kit but your fitment looks much better than mine!
Which fascia is that? Did you trim it?

Hi.... The head unit came with the car when i brought it...i must admit it is a good fit but all the previous owners work.....

Are you not worried about heat soak there? The vtec engine gets mighty hot this time of year. I ended up going back to the standard air box as I was down on power

yeah they do get hot this time of year ..i'll see how it goes for now as ii'm not having any issues.. still have my original airbox if its needed

MINI UPDATE

Mini update.....

decided to give the engine bay another clean again it's starting to pay off with all the little things i have done to it so far.........anyway received a few items in the post yesterday

CARBON EFFECT BATTERY COVER

35274590554_7998501d25_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0512 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Also received some silvertec indicator bulbs this is a great little mod and makes so much difference no more orange bulbs on the rear just need some for the front now

also replaced my interior light for a led bulb and while i was at it changed my boot light to led bulb...job done

35981281811_be4e92c26c_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_0515 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mini update

Hi everyone

its no much of an update but i thought id put up the progress ...anyway last week i received a silicone intake pipe which i needed be course mine had a couple of large splits in it...

well not long after i fitted it i decided i did not like it. The original one is a lot neater in the engine bay in my eyes ..so managed to get a used one in great condition trying to keep this one as oem as i can to a certain extent.

36270115085_744bf5f720_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0524 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

IMG_0531 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr

last of all i decided to replace the aux belt as it was looking a little worn....looking so much better now.......................................

35466290783_c216b2db3d_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0523 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Mini update

Hi everyone

just thought i'd post some more progress on the restoration project. So first of all i received some parcels in the shape of a new engine mount and the black series powerflex gearbox inserts

As for the engine mount it was looking really worn but did not realise it had a split in it until i had removed it from the car....The replacement engine mount was ordered from japserviceparts. also resprayed the arm with some hammerite to freshen things up.

next up was the gearbox mount powerflex inserts decided to go for the black series has i want to keep things as oem as i can ..also resprayed this mount too which came up well..The gearbox inserts are a great little mod as these engines do tend to move alot during hard acceleration.

NEW ENGINE MOUNT AND POWERFLEX GEARBOX MOUNT INSERTS

36165365742_509bdcd273_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0532 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

OLD ENGINE MOUNT

35937645380_3778377a3f_z.jpg
[/url]
IMG_0533 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

35937627190_d410571fec_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0534 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

NEW ENGINE MOUNT INSTALLED

35937635720_4df862d42f_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0538 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

NEW POWERFLEX GEARBOX MOUNT INSERTS INSTALLED

36335234435_12aaf64373_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0535 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nice. I'm on a little restoration job with my EP3... will keep and eye on this. Can't see your pics though mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another small update

Hi everyone

another small update this time some new mats as the old ones it came with were past it ....also i did not like red mats with red carpet scenario ...you can't beat genuine Honda mats for quality and fitment job done!

35845372293_9e6b277c57_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0554 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

36485478652_5e6dc1fff6_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0556 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

35845387823_cd7c993b4a_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_0564 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

How much was the oem front engine mount mate and are they straightforward to replace?[/QUOT

Hi got mine from japcarparts.com for around £55 ....easy to fit as well ...theirs a guide in the how to section if you need help ...if not let me know......

Back