• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NIGHTHAWK BLACK EP3 PREMIER EDITION

Sorry for the late reply I’ve just got back from holiday.

Thanks ....I did not use any dynomat for sound insulation . But now you have said that I might have to get some..

No worries. I will be doing my audio soon anyway as the originals are just useless and one is already torn. I was going to go for Focal's at the front but at £120 they are quite a bit more than the ones you have. So might have to go your route I think, at least for the rear. How does it all sound now with the new stereo and all 4 pioneers fitted?

My main issue is sound leaking outside and road noise making you have to turn up the stereo even more than usual. Also causes loss of bass, so that's why I'm doing sound insulation first and then changing speakers and radio.

No worries. I will be doing my audio soon anyway as the originals are just useless and one is already torn. I was going to go for Focal's at the front but at £120 they are quite a bit more than the ones you have. So might have to go your route I think, at least for the rear. How does it all sound now with the new stereo and all 4 pioneers fitted?

My main issue is sound leaking outside and road noise making you have to turn up the stereo even more than usual. Also causes loss of bass, so that's why I'm doing sound insulation first and then changing speakers and radio.

Great build so far ...we’ll done

I too was going for some more up market ones myself but the pioneer ones I brought which were not that expensive had some great reviews and I also wanted to keep it all pioneer they sound really good for the money and don’t distort with the bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another update.................

So ..time for another update. This is in the shape of more service parts for her. anyway decided to service the vtec spool valve and the vtec solenoid gasket for starters don't know if this has been done since new the only pain with the spool valve is its location at the back of the engine and attaches to the head with 3 x 10mm bolts its not hard just requires a bit of patience thats all.

Next was the vtec solenoid gasket this is nice and simple 1x 10mm bolt....a slight turn and its out easy these are the jobs we like.......also decided to remove the manifold heat shield as it had become loose and rusted.

Last job was to replace the top idler pulley another simple job to finish off ........................

This is what it looked like when i removed it

29891464577_1a1e733e85_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1162 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Gave it a good clean and treated the heat shield to a lick of paint no more rust here

29891466097_183b047e5c_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1163 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

All back together and ready for refitting

29891458017_54ef620138_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1164 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Vtec solenoid was given a clean new gasket and a lick of paint too

29891460627_7b65be2b3a_c.jpg
[/url]thumbnail by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Refitted

43917770935_9620618cb4_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1166 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

This was removed as well good rid-dons

44828681201_dedcb8544f_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1160 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last of all the idler pulley replacement....

29891507187_08076fbb58_c.jpg
[/url]
IMG_1157 (1) by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

[video]IMG_1159 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/video]
43917772195_b34f9e4fda_c.jpg
[/url]IMG_1159 by DEAN JONES, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back