• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No Clutch pedal...

Evening folks, so today's drama as follows...
My 51 plate ep3's clutch fluid has been looking dark brown to black and as I've been having a few issues getting into gear from time to time, I thought I'd change the fluid before spending £££ on getting new clutch fitted. .
So after work I popped over to friends house who helped me bleed the system, we did the usual open nipple push pedal down, close nipple pull pedal up routine until all the old fluid was out and flushed through with new stuff (The old fluid also had what looked like sludge at the bottom once it had been drained)
I now have no pressure behind the clutch pedal and its just sitting at the bottom. We thought it must have air in the system so opened the nipple and leave it to let gravity try and pull through any small air pockets.
The clutch still has no pressure so I've had to abandon the car at my mates house as we've been at it since 6.30!!
Any ideas on what we've done wrong or could it be sh*gged master or slave cylinder? :(

Back