• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

no coolant in car

I was just checking oil levels and opened coolant cap there's no coolant in there. I was wondering does coolant appear up once cars warm or does this mean It needs topping up or checking.

Radiator should be up to the top, all of the time. The expansion bottle behind the radiator is just that but there is a level on it if you can look at it at the correct angle. It needs to be between min and max, preferably closer to max.

Well I opened radiator cap and there's no fluid in there it has some pink fluid because its on the edge of the plastic the expansion tank is hard to tell any idea of what's wrong leak etc?

Fill it though the expansion tank.take it for a drive. Park it. Put card board under the engine tray. Let it sit for an hour. See if there's a Leak. If theres not and shes still loosing coolant. You head gasket is gone or going

Well I put my phone light on which is bright on the expansion tank and put a bit of water in it the tank is in the half way line. Then I removed radiator cap and saw pink fluid on radiator but its not filled with fluid. I'm going to take it in and flush the fluid out and replace it with type 2 Honda fluid. Well if you lose coolant doesn't that mean your radiator is on its way as well??? The mechanic checked 2 weeks ago he said there could be a leak on the radiator but he wasn't sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm still learning the more I get to know my car the better then I wont have to keep asking but ive had alot of help from this forum ive not had the car long either.

Back