• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No coolant in radiator and mayo

If going by op's pic, he has an EP3. Pretty sure they don't have oil coolers, unless he's fitted one.

Maybe disturbed the waterpump when changing the belt.

This causing overheating and gasket problems...

Presto.... Oil in water.

If going by op's pic, he has an EP3. Pretty sure they don't have oil coolers, unless he's fitted one.

Oh yes they do....

They have a water jacket around the oil filter plate.

Pretty crude but it's an oil cooler none the less.

Not having that!!! Don't try begging oil cooler status with that gay 'heat exchanger' which you'll find is the more common term for these sh-t pieces of equipment. Lol

Referred to as a 'heat exchanger' as it can't live up to cool the oil like oil coolers can.

Last edited by a moderator:
The K20 water pump housing incorporates a coolant port for the oil cooler that the K24 housing does not. (Note: When removing parts with Hondabond on them, you will need to clean the

I had my head rebuilt at tdi north

My rad had leaked and cooked the engine.

Had 10thou off the head, new gaskets etc etc aswell as a cam chain kit and some work on the valves.

Cost me £1500+ and that was cheap.

So prepare yourself

had it in at local garage. they have prssure tested and bled the system.

they have diagnnosed the oil cooler and recommend replacing the head gasket. its getting sorted on warranty so im happy enough :)

Back