• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 No oil in my fn2???

I purchased my fn2 from a non-franchise dealer in september and they serviced it before I collected it. I have since covered 4000 miles in it. When driving today my check oil warning came on, I stopped immediately and checked it when to my horror it is empty (don't even register) when phoning the dealer ingot the car from they said it's normal for a car to use 1litre every 1000 miles, is this true???

Like I say I stopped immediately and haven't driven/started it since, I no hondas rely on a healthy oil level so how much damage am I likely to of done???

Dealer is correct. You should check the oil level on a K20 engine regularly.

Some use hardly any some use a lot. Honda tolerance is about a litre or less to 800 miles.

If you've been pottering about you probably won't have done any damage.

If you've been booting it about the oil pressure under normal conditions is what regulates the timing chain tensioner. So there is every chance you could have had the chain jump a few teeth. This should have thrown a fault code up though, so a dealer would be able to tell you.

K20s are rock soild, but the only things that kill them is mis-shifting and revving over the limiter, or running them low on oil.

Fill it up immediately and get it checked over. Oil light on is far too late to wait, you shouldn't ever let it get below minimum.

Fingers crossed you will have been lucky.

when phoning the dealer ingot the car from they said it's normal for a car to use 1litre every 1000 miles, is this true???

No, it's actually normal for it to use upto 1litre every 1000KM which 620Miles. It's states this in the owners manual so there's no one to blame but yourself, you should be checking the oil every week, it actually states in the manual to check it every time you fill with fuel.

Yea I really don't no why I never checked it, I feel like an utter cock to be honest, cheers loxy you've made me feel a bit more confident, haven't been on the tec once in the past few days (35mph speed limit) im gonna fill it up and take it for a full check over

Please stop using the word "no" instead of "know".

For one, it's considered text speak, which is banned on this forum and for two it makes you look an idiot.

Thanks.

Please stop using the word "no" instead of "know".

For one, it's considered text speak, which is banned on this forum and for two it makes you look an idiot.

Thanks.

Ha really?? You actually felt the need to post and complain about that?? So where is the sticky saying that "text speak" (also not a proper word) is banned on this forum??

Back