• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No one will fit my mid-pipe for me :cry: :cry: :cry:

Been phoning around all morning and none of the garages will fit a customer supplied exhaust :( - except one who charges £40+VAT!

I'm in barnet, north london, anyone in the area knows how to fit one?

Been thinking whether I should give it a go, I've got a pair of axle stands but they don't seem man enough to stop the car swaying when I loosen the bolts... :?

Just had my standard Exhaust put back on, £30 cash job.

Top Gear are pretty good. Not sure if there are any in your area but yell.com might help

I just use my local National tyres to fit an exhaust for me, £15 each time.

I remember a year or so back trying to get a second hand Topgear catback system fitted, tried Topgear St Albans who said it would be at least £130 :roll: also tried Predator in Welwyn who said I'd have to wait 6 weeks. eventually went to Stapletons and got it done for £20, unfortunately they won't fit custom exhausts anymore unless you have the gaskets as they won't reuse old gaskets. :(

Anyway, I bought another pair of axle stands and had a go myself... there was no way I could get the bolts off without breaking something so I gave up. Eventually I managed to find a place which did it for £35 and fitted it there.

So now I've got an ABP Unsilenced B-pipe with OEM backbox... must admit it sounds very good - not too loud but a little more noise at low revs, deeper and louder growl at vtec! Oh and it pulls a bit better as well... I'd recommend it to anyone who's after a stealthy look and a tad more noise.

Thanks for all your replies. :)

Chief said:
unfortunately they won't fit custom exhausts anymore unless you have the gaskets as they won't reuse old gaskets. :(

Just use paste, that's all I did. Saves fannying around for the right gasket, works just as well... :wink:

thejudderman said:
Chief said:
unfortunately they won't fit custom exhausts anymore unless you have the gaskets as they won't reuse old gaskets. :(

Just use paste, that's all I did. Saves fannying around for the right gasket, works just as well... :wink:

this is that the guy did, he put the original ring back in and smeared paste all around the joints.

The simple things like exhausts should be tried, people worry to much about things, if it was electrics i could understand but the basic mechanics of a car are simple.

vin Petrol said:
The simple things like exhausts should be tried, people worry to much about things, if it was electrics i could understand but the basic mechanics of a car are simple.

I wasn't worried about giving it a go as I knew what to do, it was just the safety aspect really. Yanking away on the bolts under the car with the car resting on 4 tiny axle stands just didn't seem too appealing for me. :?

Anyway, I managed to get it done so no worries... :)

Having got the noise I wanted from the car, my next project ironically is to sound deaden the whole car (to keep the missus happy!) :p

Back