• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

no reverse lights and going in whilst driving after clutch change

ive had a search around but cant find anything usefull,
had the clutch changed on my fn2 last week, and all is good except im getting no reverse lights( didnt notice till last night when drove in the dark) and it will go into reverse when driving but mever used to?
if its a simple sensor not plugged in that i could fix myself i am more then happy as the garage is shut untill monday?
any helps appreciated
thanks
callum

Pretty sure it is a plug connector that turns on the reverse lights on when you select reverse. It will be behind the undertray though, so good luck finding it without a ramp.

There should be a physical block too stopping you from putting it in reverse when moving forward.

Who did the clutch change?

was a local garage owned by a friend of a friend, so I'm sure they'll sort it no hassle.
but by what your saying the lights and the 'going into gear whilst driving' are 2 different 'problems'?
thanks for the reply

They may be linked but I don't know enough about it to be sure. It could be the mechanism that prevents it going into reverse while moving forward also does the reverse light signal, in which case the connector will more than likely already be plugged in but I know that plugging in a sensor isn't going to put the mechanical block back on the reverse gear.

Is the interlock purely mechanical?

Reversing lights are done by a switch, it could be that the switch not being connected is confusing the electronics...

I think the switch can be got at from the top if I'm looking at this correct.

406774d1449404436-1993-honda-accord-reverse-lights-not-working-back-up-light-problems-4th-gen-starter-back-up-switch-manual-trans.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll need to change the gearbox position switch, you can do this from above, you need to take out air box and intake pipe to do it

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Mine in the fn2 went all of a sudden, so it could of went or it mightnt be plugged in

would that be the cause of the lights or going into reverse whilst driving? and also any pics of what it looks like/where abouts under the airbox?
sorry for all the questions, just a massive convenience if I can simply fix myself instead of having to take the car back.
cheers

Yeah I switched mine and hey presto job done, I've no longer got my fn2 but it's not hard to miss the switch

If you could get me a pic of yours from above of the box I'd be able to tell you where it is

fixed it! removed the HKS and as soon as I pulled it out 2 cables with plugs on flopped out from underneath, took me a few mins where to find the place they plug into but managed to get it. from what I found one done the lights and the other powered the gear position switch thanks to RubyVTEC for pointing that one out!

(photos to help anyone in the future)

you can see both connecter plugs here, one just on the left. the other just under the left hand rubber boot.

Back