• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No Sound From Tweeters!

v500dj

Formerly Hpool_CTR
The tweeters kept going on and off like there was a loose connection and now are ceasing to work at all.

I pulled the HU out and can't see nothing and I have no idea what the problem is. Got JL components and Pioneer HU. The HU is about 3 and a half years old now, could this be the problem part?

Cheers,

Daryl

The HU sounds like it's ok if your main speakers are still working.

Have you checked the connections to the crossovers or the tweeters themselves?

Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled them out from the side of the door car and they are connected. Could be a possibility of ****ed tweeters but both going at the same time seems a bit dodgy?

I pulled them out from the side of the door car and they are connected. Could be a possibility of ****ed tweeters but both going at the same time seems a bit dodgy?

Pretty standard for both to go around the same time, after all the same signal strength goes through both.
As you say they were going on and off so one was probably on its way out, then the other promptly followed dude.

Back