• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No sound system at all!!

When I got my car, I was aware that it had a (dont laugh) Moffset amp in the boot. It has never quite worked properly. The next stage I changed the standard head unit and 6 cd changer to a decent sony headunit. That worked fine...for a while. Now it dont work at all, very tinny distant sound from the speakers. I have had the door cards off and all the conections seem fine, the speakers are aftermarket bose ones and seem ok, I have also checked the leads etc behind the headunit again, but no joy.

Who ever had done the work previously, had wired it all up in a way that I had never seen. They have some sort of splitters running off it all, and the speakers have seperate connections for built in tweeters too.

Im baffled by it all!!

Can anyone help? I know basics when it comes to audio, but Im frustrated that I got a decent set up and no music for 150 miles a day journeys......

Are there any fellow members in the north west/north wales area that would be willing to take a look for me and point me in the right direction.....I would reward your efforts in beer tokens obviously!!

Many thanks for reading

Don

How do you mean all the cables are split in a weird way? Are you still using the amp? Are you using standard speakers?

If you were closer I'd have a look for you mate. Its not that hard, just trace all the cables and make a note of how things are connected. Post up your results and we can try and talk you through a solution.

Will get stuck back in to it tomorrow and have a good look. I will post pics up for reference, Cheers peeps!

Back