• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NO sound!

I recently installed an Alpine IDAX305s headunit, which is great. Too good for the speakers in fact, so I then fitted a pair of infinity 6510cs References. All was dandy for a day, but on leaving work today I have no sound at all... The head unit seems fine, and I dont want to take the doors apart again for no reason, Can anyone help?!

Are you sure you don't have it on mute or anything?

Loosing sounds from all four speakers would make me think it is something head unit related. Are the speakers powered by an amp?

The Unit had its facia removed for a few hours, then replaced. I havent changed anything that I know of! There is no amp by the way, could there be a problem with powering the new speakers? I suppose that would have shown up sooner!

Right, I have removed the unit, replaced the standard honda one, and the same story! It suggests its playing, but no sound. Is there a fuse between the H.U and the speakers?
Help really needed asap, as My wifes due to have a baby on Monday, and I will definately not be alowed to play with my car when she does.....

Right, I have removed the unit, replaced the standard honda one, and the same story! It suggests its playing, but no sound. Is there a fuse between the H.U and the speakers?
Help really needed asap, as My wifes due to have a baby on Monday, and I will definately not be alowed to play with my car when she does.....

That is strange! There is no fuse between the head unit and the speakers. I would start checking the wiring at the head unit end and the speaker end. Also maybe the speakers are shorting out on the door?

Sorted! There was water on the crossovers in the door! Very glad I took a look when I did, the boxes were fine, it was just the connections that were damp and nothing had shorted out, just a case of taking them apart and using a hairdryer. They are now sealed in sandwich bags for added water proofing! What a relief, I have now bought amps and wiring as I thought initially that the HU couldnt cope with the larger speakers! I think I shall be taking them back, unless someone convinces me that the effort of fitting would be worth it!

I have now bought amps and wiring as I thought initially that the HU couldnt cope with the larger speakers! I think I shall be taking them back, unless someone convinces me that the effort of fitting would be worth it!

Glad you got it sorted. Which amps did you buy? So long as they are half decent quality you should get a noticeable improvement in sound from them. Whether you fit the amps or not I'd also invest in some sound deadening if you don't already have some fitted.

The amps are secondhand alpine bridgeable jobs. Nothing mega powerfull, I assume they would be an improvement, but I dont think its going to be improvement enough to warrant ripping my car apart to fit them! I only paid a tenner for the pair on EGAY, so I think I will bang them back on and spend the inevitable profit on sound deadening!

The amps are secondhand alpine bridgeable jobs. Nothing mega powerfull, I assume they would be an improvement, but I dont think its going to be improvement enough to warrant ripping my car apart to fit them! I only paid a tenner for the pair on EGAY, so I think I will bang them back on and spend the inevitable profit on sound deadening!

Alpine are normally quite good. A pair for £10 is a bargain! I would be tempted to fit them to see what they are like, nothing to lose really.

It would be nice to see if there is much difference, but as my wife is due to give birth today Im not sure when I can afford to dissasemble the car! I think I will keep hold of them for a while anyway, as you say, I may as well try them out!

It would be nice to see if there is much difference, but as my wife is due to give birth today Im not sure when I can afford to dissasemble the car! I think I will keep hold of them for a while anyway, as you say, I may as well try them out!

Yeah today is probably not the best day to start fitting them :lol: Save them for a quiet weekend, if you ever get one!

Good luck with the birth.

Back