• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No vtec (5500rpm limiter) cell light on and speedo not working!

Hello everyone,

went for a spin friday night and the above happend, think the rain was the main factor as to why these problems occured, im thinking it's the VSS? water got in somewhere where it shouldn't have :evil:

Anybody know where this is located?
any help will be much appreciated,
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I'm such a noob, sorry lads, oil level was in the middle (between min and max) topped her up but cel is still on, speedo dead, had a bit of a fiddle with the VSS sensor earlier but no joy, new one needed i think :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Just had a thought, could it be to do with the speedo converter maybe?

My speedo converter is in the wiring just before the vss, but I had the same problem and it turned out to be a dodgy wiring behind the dials and needed soldering back on :)

Dean

thanks mate, had a good fiddle with the vss earlier, also a few sensors, as of yet no joy but i will try the above and see if i can find the route

thanks mate, had a good fiddle with the vss earlier, also a few sensors, as of yet no joy but i will try the above and see if i can find the route

i went out and bought a new converter which i didnt end up needing, if you need it drop me a pm and you can have it "if" i can find it haha, try whipping out them dials and check the connections, might just be a lose one, but it sounds the same symptoms as what i had.

Dean

Back