• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

no vtec engagement

hey guys quick update , didnt get round to taking the air filter box off to check to see if the air filter was the problem ,. filled her up with mobil 1 to top mark on dipstick(even though it should be half way), took out for half an hour let the pressure build up then gave her a try , got to around the 6000rpm mark and full throttle , there was a definate engagement into vtec so happy days , havnt really gave her the full beans since ive bought the car so maybe thats what she needed , thanks for all the information .

i got that from this forum lol , 99% of people say the oil level should be in between the bottom and top holes , and never to fill to max , i,ve got to say since ive been on here there seems to be a difference of opinion on most matters concerning ctr,s , really quite confusing

Neily03 has his opinion weighted against a stringent set of forum criteria, and his info over-rules those 99% that say halfway between holes! :D

The vtec engagement is very dependent on oil temp and pressure, so you must maintain oil level at max. Honda dont service your car and send it back to you with the oil between the 2 holes, its at max for a reason ;)

i got that from this forum lol , 99% of people say the oil level should be in between the bottom and top holes , and never to fill to max , i,ve got to say since ive been on here there seems to be a difference of opinion on most matters concerning ctr,s , really quite confusing

It's true that it should always be between the min and max, but that doesn't mean literally halfway. You want it upto the max but not over, although when I checked mine yesterday when it was cold it was slightly over max but Honda do say to check it when warm anyway so some of this would have been elsewhere in the engine.

??????????, see !! lol , as far as the oil levels go and keeping them at max , since ive had the car the oil temp gauge has sat below half way never seems to get to (max) , so how would i know , i follow all the tips . 1. run for around 10 mins not going over 3000rpm , keep an eye on oil levels , etc etc , so how do i now go about keeping pressure at max , man wish i had bought a turbo lol

??????????, see !! lol , as far as the oil levels go and keeping them at max , since ive had the car the oil temp gauge has sat below half way never seems to get to (max)

There is no oil temp gauge :? :? Only a coolant temperature gauge and that should sit just below half.

so how do i now go about keeping pressure at max

Pressure? The pressure is controled by the oil pump, you have no control over it, other than making sure there is enough oil in the sump.

man wish i had bought a turbo lol

They still have oil in the engine, which you'll still need to check the level, no different to any other car.

Maybe you should have bought a skateboard.

Back