• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No VTEC????

Picking up my O2 sensor tomorrow (ordered today) £160ish before VAT :( Nevermind. All will be well. Think that sort of sums up my owner ship of the EP3 for now. Money will stay going towards maintenance and service costs rather than modifications as even for a Honda it seems to be costing me lots to run and keep running.

O2 sensors going is a common problem, £200 isn't really a great deal of money compared to common things that go wrong on other cars is it?

£2,000 AYC pump on an Evo for example. It's got me doubting whether to get one to be honest.

I guess it isn't that much but I'm currently out of a job and 21. Insurance isn't to bad actually. But after it, tax and fuel it seems a fair but when at the same time trying to modify it/ make it my own.

Oh and spending 140something on again. A jdm specific abs sensor. Lol a few months ago

Sensor fitted. Seems perfect! And VTEC is well and truly back. Enjoying the AEM too as I haven't really had much chance to get it growling since its fitment.

Wait I thought he had a UKDM EP3. But had bought an O2 sensor for a DC5/JDM EP3.

Hence my comment.

Wait I thought he had a UKDM EP3. But had bought an O2 sensor for a DC5/JDM EP3.

Hence my comment.
No, he has a JDM EP3, bought a UKDM sensor which didn't work.

Read the thread noob.

But the other sensor is a Narrow band UK one so the DC5 owners wouldn't have a use for it? Lol
Edit, Didn't realise this went over to the next page! LOL at the above. Tbf, if i'd made it clear from the get go I might not of bought the wrong one. So I do take blame.

Ped, sh!t happens, don't worry about getting the wrong one, it's not cost you that much in the grand scheme of things and now your car is back on the road. :)

I want to visit a rolling road. But I fear I might be upset with the figures Lol. A friend of mine with a 55 facelift made 212bhp with TegM and HKS catback. K20a should make that started but I don't know if it will even with AEM, Piper manifold, sports cat and Supersprint 2.5 bpipe.

On a drive today this issue has come back! I've checked the oil once stopped. And its all the way up to the top of the dipstick. I know to get an oil level you need to engine to cool and the oil to settle but is it normal for it to get splashed that far up?
Obviously the sensor is working as its been replaced and that fault has not been seen since.
My idle has been a little strange since fitting the sensor, I've reset the ECU to try and get the A/F ratio reset and to lower the idle. Just to sum up i start the car from cold and it idles at 1600rpm then once warm never really retreats bellow 1400rpm. Which actually I don't mind as it means my car doesn't shake while sat in traffic (Very stiff engine mounts fitted).

But until today its been fine in and out of VTEC, AEM roaring nicely then today, wait for VTEC, and get the dead pedal.

Working fine now. Must be after a few days driving in the damp that it doesn't like it. I remember reading someone say after they washed their car and well the filter it wouldn't VTEC. So must be the same as that. I need to get around to fitting my Arch liner I have bought aswell as a metal Gauze filter.

Back