• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

No VTEC????

Ped

Help, I've been searching but cannot find an answer. My car seems to have gone strange. Recently my CEL has been coming on, being able to read it with my OBD2 thingy has been helpful. Its a faulty pre-cat sensor. The car drives fine and I am yet to change/replace the sensor and the CEL comes back only very rarely. Then more recently I fitted an AEM cai drove great for a week or so. But now my car seems to have no VTEC/drop all power and not rev in/above 6,000rpm. I have checked the oil and even topped it up slightly but to no success. The car drives completely normal out of VTEC and pulls still very strong and as it should before 6k. Then today when turning the car on from cold (twice, this morning and about 10 minutes ago) the revs want to sit it 1.5k not the usual 2k.

Any advice? The only thing I have read else where is that there might be damp/water in the inlet or spark plugs, but like I say the car drives SUPERB until VTEC 'should' kick in.
:(:(:(

You need to change the O2 sensor, the car goes in to limp mode (no vtec) when this is faulty, as your OBD reader informed you.

But I first read the code a few months ago reset it to test if it would come back and it did only a hand full of times as it was still actually producing a reading. So maybe now it has finally died fully. Would my symptoms suggest that its the O2 sensor as I am to believe that under full throttle the fuelling system is full open (or something along those lines) and the O2 sensor stops taking readings?

Have you had a look under the car where the sensor is? The sensor may just have worked itself loose, I would say though, that if it has read faulty and the CEL comes on then its time to get it changed. Limp mode comes on when the CEL light appears. (it protects the engine by not allowing VTEC to be engaged)

Right, I will get the sensor replaced. Its just odd that its been fine, then I though the AEM on and it starts behaving strangely?

It is propperly fitted. The only thing is it didn't come with a breather hose so I have a smaller breather filter directly on the Cam cover and the connection to the AEM pipe is left open.

But if it works again even for one blast. I will know its nothing to do with the CAI set up/water somewhere it shouldn't be and simply change the Sensor...

But if it works again even for one blast. I will know its nothing to do with the CAI set up/water somewhere it shouldn't be and simply change the Sensor...
yes also check the sensor on the AEM,the push in air temp i think ?

I would get it plugged in again, to check faults in 02 sensor has come back replace it.

Back