• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Noise From Rear

Hi All, I'm driving a facelift ep3 milano red CTR..had it for 12months now and been problem free. "touch wood"

Until now, I've noticed a strange noise coming from the rear..when pulling away, in reverse and at low speeds. To try and explain then noise, its like somethings rubbing or knocking together, and seems worse driving over rougher terrain..(bumpy carparks ect)

Could anybody point me in the right direction, before having to take it to my local dealer.
Regards Aaron

If you have a aftermarket exhaust........ check the exhaust brackets..... Tweats had a knocking of some sort just after he had his catback fitted, later found out it was the exhaust brackets

It's a standard exhaust, Really doesn't sound like the exhaust hitting something at all. But I will check tomorrow to double check.

I have something like this. Mine is the exhaust knocking CAT heatshield about mid way along the underside.

Back