• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Noise from rear

Hi Guys
Can anyone help. I have just bought my 02 Civic Type R and have noticed a noise that appears to come from the rear offside. It sounds like the start of hub bearing wear. You can hear it the best at about 50 mph. It does not get any worse going around left hand or right hand bends where bearing wear on one side usually would? It also gets no worse at higher speeds. I have read that rear suspension arms can have a fault that creats the same sound on these models. Any one else had this problem?
Cheers guys

It could well be uneven tyre wear mate - have a look at the inside edges. I had exactly the same symptoms, changed the rear camber arms, ( a warranty job) and had laser alignment done and a new rear tyre. All fixed now! 8)

Its quite a common problem tbh, and sounds worse than it is.

If it was a bearing it would be worse in 10mph ish window and then quieten down. Best check the tyres first. :wink:

I had the same noise when i bought my CTR 3.5 years ago, only when the rear tyres were going off though, I had the camber arm modification and 4 wheel alignment done and also changed from Bridgestone to Toyo and the problem disapeared and has never come back.

Thanks for the help with my problem. Have not heard of a camber arm? Are they anything to do with the upper or lower rear suspension arms?
Cheers
J Hobson

To all who replied to my rear end problem, so to speak!!! Put a new rear tyre on the car and had all 4 wheels laser aligned. No need for new camber arms as this has solved the problem.
Thanks for the advice
J Hobson :p

J Hobson said:
To all who replied to my rear end problem, so to speak!!! Put a new rear tyre on the car and had all 4 wheels laser aligned. No need for new camber arms as this has solved the problem.
Thanks for the advice
J Hobson :p

Nice one mate.....glad all is well with your motor 8)

Back